• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gun case

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonpce

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently bought a flintlock that is approx 52" long and have been unable to find a case to protect the gun when it is in the truck. What do most of you use? I would prefer a hard side case. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cabellas has a hard case 63" long (on the outside) - too short for mine but your gun would be an easy fit. Have not see it in person so can't say about quality. They want $130 for it.

Now try to find a permanent storage gun cabinet that that bugger will fit in. (at a reasonable price) Tis tuff to find one for anything over 4' tall. I am having a time finding one for my 3 band enfield.

gonpce said:
I recently bought a flintlock that is approx 52" long and have been unable to find a case to protect the gun when it is in the truck. What do most of you use? I would prefer a hard side case. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've now bought a few from Unique...outstanding quality soft / padded gun cases at really affordable prices...they refer to them as "musket cases"...available in various lengths.
http://www.uniquecases.com/product.php?xProd=18&xSec=7&jssCart=8a38d4cc8e89faaf835ac39b80cd1c0d

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry all of my expensive rifles while in transit inside a Pelican case. Water tight and have a pressure relief valve if you ever find yourself in an airplane. Had zero problems with them. They make em' in just about any configuration a person could want.

I made both of mine. For transporting in the truck I made a simple plywood case, with sheep skin covered blocks to hold mine and my oldest boys rifle. For general usage I used some heavy canvas that I had to make a soft case. Both cases were made from trimmings from other projects.So my cost was my time.

Check out the Kalispel gun cases. Welded aluminum seams, heavy duty latches, lockable. My 42 inch bbl. long rifles fit inside quite nicely. Top of the line cases....upper end on the price too but worth the $ when you consider that you have a couple of thou. worth of custom guns inside!!! cheers Paul

Try storing the gun muzzle down in a corner, or in a gun rack. Remove the lock and store that separately, secured. No one is going to steal a gun that has NO Lock on it.( per hundreds of interviews with burglars when I was an Assistant Public Defender).

Latest posts

Back