• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Thanks to Paul Vallandigham for Bess lock help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to Paul for helping to diagnose and give me pointers to lower the immensely heavy trigger pull on my Bess. I just did one or two of the multitude of tuning fixes he suggested - saving the rest for a later date - and the trigger pull is much lighter and smoother already.

From time to time people will disagree, bicker and argue on this forum, but when someone needs help, they're certainly there as resources.

:hatsoff:

Paul's a gem, that's for sure... :thumbsup:

He spends a lot of his time answering questions, pointing folks to resources, and sharing his experiences...good friend to us all !!!

Gosh, fellas.... Where are my hip boots??? :redface: :haha: :bow:

I am always glad to help people here tune their own locks. Its a real challenge sometimes, trying to do this by email, and more than once I have asked someone to send me a lock so that I could look at it to discover what is wrong. But, every once in awhile I am happy to hear of a "success" by someone who has asked me for help. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Paul I always read your posts. You have helped me many times and you don't even know it. So thanks for all your help. The same goes to all on the forum. It's the best around.

Paul is a great asset to this forum .I have benefited from his wisdom and expertise. Salute, Paul ! Best regards.JA

If you would allow me, I would like to extend my own Thank You So Much Mr. Paul Vallandigham. A few months ago I read your article on Chuck Hawks’s website “Flintlocks: How to Shoot Them” which resolved a lot of issues I had with flintlocks 30 years ago and since I read that article I bought two flintlocks, one rifle and one fowler, and am having the time of my life. I still have a lot to learn but a least I’m learning it the best way possible, shooting. Once again a very sincere Thank You, Sir.

Dan :bow:

Gentlemen: Thank you all for the kind remarks you have given me. I am deeply touched, and flattered.

I have never taken praise of any kind very well, being taught by mother that no matter how well I do something, I can always do better. So, please pardon me when I make a joke out of your comments. I take them seriously, and am honored to be singled out.

There are so many people here who have taught me so much, both in their postings, and in Private Topic discussions. I don't think I could adequate list them all, as my memory would be bound to leave someone out. But thank you all.

Some of the best "Help" I have had comes in the form of questions from members, because it causes me to read your posts very carefully, consider what you have said, then think about the locks, and all the causes of similar problems I have encountered before answering. Without the questions, and your experiences, I would not have investigate these problems, and I would be a lot less helpful. I am planning on traveling to Dixon's GunMaker's Fair at the end of next week, and one of the seminars I am planning on attending is on " Tuning flintlocks". I hope to learn even more from some of the real pros.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Okay, we gotta stop now. Look at Paul's post, he has 4 hats that no longer fit on his head!

:rotf:

The Doc is out now. :thumbsup:

I agree. Paul has helped me to enjoy and learn more about our ML hobby over the last year I have been active here. He has taken the time to send me PT's and his answers are fact based and to the point. I leaned to knap my flints from his posts!

I'm glad you started this thread, it a good opportunity to say "Thanks Paul"

What amazes me about Paul is not that he answers our questions, but the amount of time he devotes in typing all that out in long explanations shows that he is genuinely interested in helping.

Bob

Paul, noticed you're gonna be at Dixons and was wondering if you're gonna go to the meet'n greet for the forum at 12:30 on Saturday? Didn't see any post over in the Events page. Like many here I'd welcome the chance to shake your hand and say thanks for all the top-notch advice here on the forum. Audie..the Oldfart.

If everything works out right, I will be there both Friday and Saturday. I missed that event when examining the schedule of events, and will make a note of it. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

Back