• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Decided to try something different...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_AK

32 Cal.
Reaction score
...and bought a can of Ballistol to try as patch lube. That stuff smells like a dirty urinal with one of those hockey puck shaped deodorizer things in it. Nasty. :barf:

It may smell, but its one if not the best oil on
the market, i have used it for years. :thumbsup:
Boomm.

While I don't use it myself I know it is an emulisified oil. And They can get rancid over time. How long ago was your lot made? As a machinist we had some really bad stuff sometimes and the smell just keeps getting worse!

Mike AK said:
I got it at Great Northern Guns.

Good to know. Thanks! I've got a friend stopping by there next week to pick up some stuff for me. I've always heard about it and wanted to try it, but didn't want to hassle shipping.

I grabbed it on impulse. They want $14.99 for the 16oz can. You can get it from MidwayUSA for $9.99. I was there picking up some powder and caps, and figured "what the heck, I'll give it a try."

Unless I'm ordering a bunch of other stuff, $14.99 is still cheaper than $9.99 plus shipping.

Memory test: Do you recall if GNG had 1f Goex, speaking of shipping? I've got a hankering to try it in my Bess, but don't need a full case of anything right now.

Mike AK said:
...and bought a can of Ballistol to try as patch lube. That stuff smells like a dirty urinal with one of those hockey puck shaped deodorizer things in it. Nasty. :barf:

The first time that I used it in the garage,the wife walked in.She told me to check the bottom of my shoes.

Mike AK said:
I'm a heretic...I bought the Pyrodex. :shocked2:

Nah, a realist.

Sometimes you can't get the real stuff up here, so it pays to know how to make the pyro work. And it works fine in cappers when you do your part.

:hmm: Wonder if your stuff has gone bad. I kinda like the smell of Ballistol. Then again, I'm not in the habit of smelling urinals either... :v

Back