• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken .54 range report!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marmotslayer said:
Looks pretty good! Your patch ball combo seems like it could be tighter. How does it load?

Sir, it is tight enough! :shake:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
marmotslayer said:
Looks pretty good! Your patch ball combo seems like it could be tighter. How does it load?

Sir, it is tight enough! :shake:

Regards

Kirrmeister

:idunno: , mine uses a .530 ball and a .020 patch, it makes one hole at 50 off a bench.
And yes I can still get it down the bore to seat on the powder without hammering the rod.

Mine needs also no hammering and I can use the wooden rod either.

Regards

Kirrmeister

good shooting , I have a tc hawken in 54 cal , mine load is 90 grains ffg ,.018 red stripe pillow ticking , homecast rb , I can get the same group as yours wiff the factory barrel , but wiff a gm barrel I use the same load but it shoots one hole groups :thumbsup:

That looks like about a 4" group for ten shots offhand I'd call that pretty durn good! :thumbsup:

Good target. I think you will be satisfied with your rifle. The next thing to do is to shoot it from a bench and see how you do. :thumbsup:

Nice shooting and glad you're happy with the results! Did you get a chance to bench it yet? You might be able to make a one-hole group!

Again, congrats and keep up the good works!

Dave

Hi folks,

thanks for the kind words. Next time I'll do some shooting from the bench at 50 and 100m. i like shooting this T/C Hawken very much because its handling is so great and the accuracy so good.

That will be my most liked roedeerhunter. BTW we start again at 1st of may over here in Germany at roebucks and female yearlings. The area where I'm allowed to hunt is a mix of forest and open plains. distances vary from 40m in the forest to 150 m in the field, so the .54 will be a fine cal. to manage both.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congradulations Dirk! It sounds like you have a tight bore like I have. You did some fine shooting. So, was it worth the wait to get a .54? That T/C will shoot the .54 caliber Maxi Balls, Lee REAL Bullet and the Great Plains Bullet pretty good also. They may be kind of big for some of your deer, but just right on some of those big bores you have. Great job :thumbsup:

Back