• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder in Omaha

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm going to visit my daughter next weekend in Omaha, Nebraska. Does anyone know of someplace there that I could buy some black powder?

Thanks to all who can help me out.

Outdoorman

Cabelas in La Vista, just south of Omaha has some. Call ahead first, to see what they have for a finance plan. :shake:

The store is on the east side of Interstate 80.

edit, can't see it on there website, 1-402-861-4800 is there number. :idunno:

There is also a Bass Pro Shop across the river in Council Bluffs IA, a Scheels west of town just off of Dodge St, and a place called Guns Unlimited...

I'm not sure IF they will have black powder, but can bet they'll at least have Pyrodex &/or Triple Seven if that helps any. Might be best to call ahead and make sure.

If you fancy over and under double barreled shotguns Guns Unlimited sells pretty sexy SKB's. They are proud of em though. Most of Nebraska is starting to get a lil steep in prices. I would figure Scheels would have the best prices.

outdoorman said:
I'm going to visit my daughter next weekend in Omaha, Nebraska. Does anyone know of someplace there that I could buy some black powder?
If you find some PLEASE let me know! I called all over NE back around Christmas and couldnt find any. Good Luck!!

How close do you live to Mexico, MO? Graf & Sons is located there and they stock powder.
Link

newtewsmoke---I will give you an update on what I find out.

acornmush---I'm about 4 hours from Mexico, MO. I've ordered from Graf and Sons in the past and I like doing business with them. If I don't find any in Omaha, I'll place another order with G & S.

I just thought while in Omaha, I would save myself some shipping costs if I could find some powder.

Outdoorman

Well, I went to Scheels today. They do not carry Black Powder. The guy I talked to said that he didn't know of anyone in the area carrying Black Powder. He volunteered that info, I didn't ask.

I'll make a couple of phone calls tomorrow as I don' think we are going anywhere tomorrow.

Rats. :(
Outdoorman

Well it has been a bittersweet weekend. Got to visit my daughter in Omaha. :) Had a great weekend.

But I did not find any Black Powder. :( May have to forget the flinter and stick to Pyrodex in my percussions.

Hope it isn't raining while I'm hunting next fall.

Outdoorman

I checked Graf and Sons and they are out of stock on GOEX 2f and 3f for now.

Yeah, I saw that too.

I have some vacation coming up in April, I may take a day trip to Graf's then and see what they have. I may try their brand of powder for kicks and grins.

Outdoorman

skunkskinner said:
Cabelas in La Vista, just south of Omaha has some. Call ahead first, to see what they have for a finance plan. :shake:

The store is on the east side of Interstate 80.

edit, can't see it on there website, 1-402-861-4800 is there number. :idunno:
You may want to put a compass on your wish list.
I80 runs east and west. The store can only be on the north or south side of I80.

You may want to put a compass on your wish list.
I80 runs east and west. The store can only be on the north or south side of I80.

Not there it doesn't. It runs north and south from Omaha to LaVista.
nebraska-road-map.gif

Well poop to bed. I recend my statement then.
Bet they didn't change the road signs to read 80S or 80 N :idunno:

skunkskinner said:
... :idunno:

relax friend, it's all good :v
I can't tell you how many times I have been through there going to WY or Colorado elk hunting.
I guess i was always looking for cops instead of being attentive to what direction we were going.
I am the one who needs a compass or GPS. :haha:

If you buy it at the store in person, do you still pay the hazmat fee?
I would like to try their powder, too.

I guess i was always looking for cops instead of being attentive to what direction we were going.

With the traffic as bad as it is in that stretch of interstate, I have a death grip on the wheel and wonder if my fingers are going to be ok after white knuckling it for so long. There's no chance to look at signs or wonder what direction a person is going. :shake:

Back