• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good People outnumber the bad outdoors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pasquinel

36 Cal.
Reaction score
If you go into the field to hunt in the 21st century, chances are you'll run across a few real low lifes! I've
known fellows who steal and still have no trouble making it
to church on Sundays! Why they do this is beyond me! What
I do know is that for every creep out there in our sacred
hunting grounds there are thousands of honest hunters.
Back in ancient times (the 70's) when I was very poor, I ran
across some bad luck. I was camping out in 2 man tent in Dec. with several inches of snow on ground. Two hunters in
high dollar camper were only other people in area. Their
stove wouldn't work and they had no lantern so we cooked all
meals on my coleman. At end of my trip I offered stove, lantern and fuel to these guys who promised to drop it off at local archery shop in Charlotte. Never seen those items again! Friends let me have it, but I felt that they must have need this more than I. Next season hunting in same area during rifle season with bow had several strangers offer me rifles and shotguns to use and they didn't know me from Adam. There was also the time I took a nice buck with
my T/C Hawkens and twisted my ankle while attempting to drag
it out. Well a fellow hunter ( who was in a tree stand) saw
my plight, got down and carried the deer to my vehicle for me, a distance of over 1 mile. I'm sure you've all had things like this happen to you in the deer-woods. I could probably tell of at least a half dozen or more wonderful things that occured while hunting, so I just wanted to remind everyone that it's only a very minimal amount of bad
dudes out there. I don't condone there actions but I'm not ready to surrender my hunting grounds to these things. :imo:

If you go into the field to hunt in the 21st century, chances are you'll run across a few real low lifes!

I'm sure we all have at least one hard-luck story each to tell, but you don't have to go into the field to find a low-life.
:imo:
Jim.

Latest posts

Back