• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

make a chair from a tree

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powder jack

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Thoght maybe some woodworkers would like this site, www.greenwoodworking.com also there is a good article about chair making in the first Fox Fire book. The second chair I made is a lot more comfortable than the first. :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
All good info, thanks.
[found the piece about the 'ideal' chairmaking bit especially helpful] :thumbsup:

Found one with wheels at www.alaphaomegawf.com under benches. Looks like a Teddy Rooseavelt model as in rough rider. Rustic furniture makers list is worth looking at also.

powder jack said:
Found one with wheels at www.alaphaomegawf.com under benches. Looks like a Teddy Rooseavelt model as in rough rider. Rustic furniture makers list is worth looking at also.

Nothing comes up for me.

But I think the first ones had the big wheels in front with one or two smaller ones in the back. The opposite of wheelchairs today. I know very little about the history of them and no idea when someone sat down and came up with the idea. But yeah, I'm sure they were on the rough side compared to todays models. Weight was probably a killer and those fisrt guys probably had good upper arm strength because of that.

I'll stick to Titanium and Aircraft Aluminum, a lot lighter. :thumbsup: :wink:

Back