• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Tennessee Mountain rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barney

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Any opinions, good or bad? Might try trading for one in .50 percussion.

Thanks

I have one in .32 cal. I like the gun very well. Seems to be an above average shooter. Triggers leave a little to be desired, just my opinion.
My nephew has one in a .50 cal. It is a left hand, as he is a leftie. His rifle shoots well also. He has taken several deer with it here in Ohio. He has shot his .50 a lot more than I have shot my .32, but he has not had any problems with the gun. By the way, he is not known for the care he takes of his guns, if you know what I mean.
Good Luck - Mark

I have one, righthanded, in perc. .32...very accurate, but my bore was very tight...I broke 2 ramrods reloading in the field until an older and much more experienced guy had me run a bronze brush wrapped in fine steel wool up and down over the tight spot..a section of about 6-8"...this was very early in my bp experience, and I'd never heard of lapping...when I first got the gun, I could not re-load after the 2nd shot without swabbing...after the lapping, I could get 5 shots...if I came across a .50 cal one in a shop somewhere, I'd buy it...Hank

Good medium qualiy guns almost at the simi-custom level.

Not PC for pre-1800 events but good shooters.

Dixie made these as convertables so you can get the flint lock and vent liner direct from dixie, or L&R, and have a flinter for $125 +-.

Do not go hog wild and overpay for one, they are not that good or that scarce!

$400-$500 tops!

Thanks for the help. It's supposedly in really good shape. Might try the trade.

Back