• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see your Squirrel rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ric Carter said:
Nice, Emery! Did you build it?
I wish!! No, I bought it from a friend at the Bloody Lake rendy this Spring. It was carved, engraved and wired by another good friend, who BTW, is building me a .68 Beck rifle as we speak. I'm thinking it will be at least as good as this one as he is building the whole thing from scratch. Emery

Those are some beautiful rifles you guy's. I hope to have me a 36cal by this time next year for small game hunting.

Some beautiful rifles here.Its not fancy but it gets the job done.
TC Cherokee in 32cal.
3025385203_3144b1066a.jpg

:thumbsup: My thanks to all you men for sharing those photos of your rifles. They're all super looking and I'm sure that each one of you are and should be proud of them. Again, thank you. Vern

Nice wall-o-rifles Sniper:thumbsup:. What can you tell us about them?

Copy of PICT0377.JPG
My squirrel rifle, a TVM flint .36 x 38" plain maple stocked Southern Mountain rifle. Semi "poor boy" (has nose cap & side plate). Forgive crummy photo. Maybe I need a better camera.

DANG IT! This sure didn't work. Anybody know what I did wrong?

hanshi said:
Copy of PICT0377.JPG
My squirrel rifle, a TVM flint .36 x 38" plain maple stocked Southern Mountain rifle. Semi "poor boy" (has nose cap & side plate). Forgive crummy photo. Maybe I need a better camera.

DANG IT! This sure didn't work. Anybody know what I did wrong?

Your probably trying to show a picture thats on your computer? You need something like photobucket or a website of your own where you have to store images first onto the internet. Each image stored online then gets its own address that you can then copy/paste.

Check any of the above pictures, right click any one of them and a box pops up, click "propertys" another box pops up showing you where that image is stored on the internet. So, they have to be stored on the internet, not your computer in order for us to see it.

I have a couple.

This is Swee'Pea. A .32 I built a couple of years ago. It has a 3/4" x 36" GM barrel with a Dixie Ashmore lock.

SweePea1.jpg

The top rifle is the first rifle I built from parts. It is .36 with a Sharon 13/16" x 42" barrel with a Cochran lock and Davis Triggers. I managed to place second in squirrel gun competition couple of weeks ago. The man that took first place borrowed this rifle from me. Not bad for a rifle that is thirty years old.

Flinters1.jpg

:thumbsup:
I agree - and also have a .50 Bucks Co. The lines on those rifles just look right to me, the way a rifle should look.

Some rifles from other schools look nice, but none look nicer.

That is a beautiful rifle Smokepole. I have to agree with the others. The Bucks county rifles are second to none for classic good looks.

Hey Trench,that is one BIG Squirrel buddy! Nice shootin iron too :thumbsup:

Robby said:
Slowpoke, I love the lines of the bucks county guns

I love Bucks county rifles too, I built it for my daughter (3y) and hopefully someday she'll appreciate it.

IMG_4796Large.jpg

The hardest part is getting the screws to line up straight, but that's the sign of a true craftsmen..... I learned that from Roy Stroh! :rotf:

Sorry folk.... little inside joke there... :rotf:

Beautiful gun.. :thumbsup: (too bad the builder has a screw loose)

Latest posts

Back