• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished my 4th build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob243

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a 50cal Tennessee mountain, small Siler, 42" GM.

Definitely has a few oopses but overall I am pretty happy with it.

100_0630.jpg

100_0636.jpg

100_0590.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0598.jpg

I looked real hard and didn't see no oops. Real nice job. If she shoots as good as she looks -- well lets say I wouldn't want to shoot against you fer quarters. keep up the good work.

Sharp looking rifle you got there. Id be proud to have made and to own a rifle like that. Hopefully when I do my first build it will look something like that.

Nice work Bob. :thumbsup:
What's the origin of the stock/wood ?
I'll be done with my first build soon, and hope to take it afield this fall in NE Penna - Susquehanna County.

MeteorMan said:
Nice work Bob. :thumbsup:
What's the origin of the stock/wood ?
I'll be done with my first build soon, and hope to take it afield this fall in NE Penna - Susquehanna County.

This is where it came from. http://www.longrifles-pr.com/tennesseemtn.shtml I just happened to be out there the day it got sanded, one look at it I was sold :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
bioprof said:
Nice job inletting that tang. I also like the finish. :thumbsup:

Thank you.. I almost passed out a few times holding my breath to get that to fit :haha: I wasn't going to attempt it, but I decided to give it a shot, since I had a long strait tang for a backup just in case it didn't work out too well.

Took it out and test fired it today.. Had some bugs to work out. Not sure if it is the smaller drum ( 7/16 vs 1/2") but it seemed to foul out a bit quicker than I was expecting. At first, it wasn't firing at all, for some reason, it didn't like the Ampco nipple. I swapped it out with a hot shot and went off most of the time but there it still a click>pop>nothing every once in a while.. I may experiment with some different between shot cleaning/wiping/brushing and see which one it likes.

When it did go off it was shooting nice clovers at 25 and 50 yards.. I was working up a 100 yard load, but it was a nice day and I was only wearing a tee shirt.. It was getting pretty painful :redface: after a while.

Swampy likes flints :wink: Nice looking gun btw. What did you use for stain? I wish mine would have come out that clear.

Jimmy82 said:
Swampy likes flints :wink: Nice looking gun btw. What did you use for stain? I wish mine would have come out that clear.

I was thinking about this earlier... the more perc. I shoot, the more I find I am liking flints :hmm:

It is Danglers gold-brown stain, tru-oil, then I took the gloss off and coated it with Johnsons.

Latest posts

Back