• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody in love with .36 rifles???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
By "in love", I mean, are any of you totally enamored with the rifles of 36 caliber? I have really been enjoying my little Seneca in .36. I am begining to wonder if this caliber isn't my favorite :hmm: .....

I love my .36 tennesse rifle I built last year, it is wicked accurate with no recoil and a quiet report. But I love my .58 too for different reasons of course.

I like my .36. Dunno if I would say I'm in love with it because the other rifles would get jealous and quit shooting for me. :wink:

The first rifle I built from "scratch" was a .36 Lancaster. I still have it and after 30 years of heavy use it still shoots great. About 20 years back I won the state flint aggregate with it. It will reach out accurately to 100 yards with a 40 grain load and no wind.

My wife shoots a .36 Seneca and loves it. She once managed to knock over a turkey silhouette at 175 yards that she still talks about. She had to have hit it right at the top to do it but it went down.

gotta little mowry, purdyest wood you ever saw, stock is a little short for me but i love shooting it anyway, had it for a long time. It ain't no safe queen.

TTC

I have an old original .36 cal. Ohio rifle that is fun to shoot. It is a half stock with a back action lock. But, I guess I shoot my .38 cal. Southern Mtn. more than any rifle I own. It has an Ed Rayl barrel that seems to shoot any load to the same point of impact. It is amazing!
Overall, I like calibers in the .36 to .45 range.
8905c

My Roy Stroh built .36 flinter is the nicest rifle I've ever owned. I consider the .36 to be the perfect small game caliber. :thumbsup:

Close! I have a Southern Mountain .36 built by Matt Avance that is startlingly accurate and so much fun to shoot. The accuracy (for me) holds up at the 100 yard line, too. It's a little rifle with 38"x 3/4" barrel and weighs between 5 & 6 pounds.

I shot .32 at squirrels here in Indiana. It was an old Dixie Southern Mountain. Couldn't shoot it good so I traded it to my buddy for some cabnetry. He can shoot it real good. Went to friendship this spring looking for a .36, came home with another .32, just wern't no .36's around. Had a .36 built for me by L. Sisal down in Il. Nice little flinter Southern Mountain type, that shoots reasonably well. Long story short I am kinda impressed with it and .36. Will get back with you all after squirrel season comes in to determine if I love it or not.
P.S. Sorry for being so long winded. :yakyak:

Love my .36 flintlock Tennessee rifle Roger Sells built, "Shadowmaker". 42" H & H barrel (shoots a .360 ball with pillow ticking and 40 grains), walnut stock, and extra long tang that extends up the comb and down the stock. She's a tack-driver!

I do find myself shooting my .36 more than any other rifle. It's probably the most accurate and a bonus is that its cheaper to shoot.

Back