• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Organizer idea?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperbelly

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have read a few posts here about getting organized to go shooting.
As I was cleaning up my garage, yeah right, I looked at one of my tackle boxes. It's a soft sided tackle box, basically a square bag that holds removeable plastic boxes. These are clear and have moveable dividers. I keep plastic worms and other sift lures in one tray, crankbaits in another, hooks and weights in another, etc. My large bag holds about 5 trays.
Anyone use one of these for a range bag? You could keep jags and stuff common to all calibers in one and have seperate trays for each caliber.
Since I only have one bp firearm for now it's easy for me to stay organized. I just take everything.
Just a thought,
Jim

I use one on occasion, but the 1/2 oz. leadhead Jigs don't fit well in my 50 cal., and the rubber worms make poor patches :crackup: For real I use one of those cabella's little green softsides, as a BP rangebag because of it's versatility, it's not so big you need a mule to haul it, but it still can haul most everything I need. Only use it for the range. :imo:

I use a 3 tier tackle box that holds almost all my range gear for BP shooting. Since I currently shoot only .50 perc it's simple enough to keep it all in one box. I don't know what I'll do if I ever find a .45 flinter and 12 or 16ga smoothbore I can afford, but I like the idea of the multiple trays in a soft-side bag.

vic

was at the local range a while back when an ole boy unloaded a two wheeled cart with gun rank for half dozen guns on the top with a box on the bottom to keep all his stuff in ...I keep saying I'm going to build one one of these days

I have used old tackle boxes for carrying muzzleloading supplies and they have worked rather well.....only problem is, when you get another gun, another caliber, ect, you run out of room and need a bigger tackle box!
I was at Gander Mountain the other day and MTM now makes a special "muzzleloader" storage box. Has a storage area in the top for smaller items like measures, jags, ect. I bought one and everything fit in nicely for my 3 muzzleloaders......I will let you know how well it works next time I head out to the range.

Back