• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 cal. T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold1950

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine just stopped by, like he always does to borrow something. Which is fine, pretty much what I have he knows he can use. Anyways, he wanted to borrow my CO2 discharger. Told me he just got back from Reno Nevada and bought a black powder rifle. He bought it at a place I think he called "Shields" of something like that for $49.95. Yes, I asked him again and it was $49.95. I asked him what he had bought and said it was a T/C Hawken in .45 caliber. He said he tried to use the ramrod to push a patch down the barrel to check the smoothness of the bore and for rust. But the end came off when he tried to pull it out, it had not been pinned. I have not seen it but he said the gun was in very good shape. I showed him my T/C Hawken and he said it was just like it. I haven't seen it yet but plan on checking it out as soon as I can. Oh, and the discharger worked.

Wow, a $50 TC. Especially at a place like Scheels. Harold, you sure he's not just quoting that price to keep his bride happy? :grin: GW

no, I don't think so, he can do pretty much whatever he wants and she is okay with it, he also bought a c & b revolver of some sort for $150.00. I'm going to try to go look at them tonight if I can.......They have a 2nd home up at Grizzly Flat, told me I could come up and hunt on the Nat. Forrest land in deer season if I wanted, I may just do it.....

I guess if one looks around or is in the right place at the right time a bargain can be found. So far, I'm still looking for my bargain. I paid $250.00 for my Hawken in 50 cal. Then bought my GPR which I like better. If I found another for 95 or 49.95, I'd buy it. Of course I'd have to face she that must be obeyed. :haha:

I've been blessed with the ability to fill up the house with many T/C Hawkens over the past 18 years...many, many calibers, many smoothbore gauges, etc...if I'm ever asked why in the world I keep buying the same exact model of ML...one answer might be because every time I walk in and out of the house, my Wife probably thinks I'm still carrying the same T/C Hawken I bought 18 years ago.
:grin:

ya thats it.....its the same gun same.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
i love that, :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That's what I told him and buying the same gun is a pretty good idea Roundball :rotf: And the pistol he bought for $150.00 is a Ruger Old Army, can't believe his luck. But glad for him he had been talking about getting one for a long time.

roundball said:
I've been blessed with the ability to fill up the house with many T/C Hawkens over the past 18 years...many, many calibers, many smoothbore gauges, etc...if I'm ever asked why in the world I keep buying the same exact model of ML...one answer might be because every time I walk in and out of the house, my Wife probably thinks I'm still carrying the same T/C Hawken I bought 18 years ago.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I tried something similar years ago. Kept telling her that the guns in the safe were the same ones that had always been there. It worked...for a while. Then I outgrew the safe and needed another. All hell broke loose. :confused:

I'm just lucky my wife can't tell my "Hawkin" from my Lancaster. She did question my Kentucky pistol, "I thought you had one of those cowboy guns?". I assured her she must have been mistaken, I have to keep my Remington carefully hidden now :wink:

I guess I have to come clean and give the gal her due...we're knocking on 42 years this summer and I can't imagine having a better Wife than she is...

My dad once told me women and dogs are a lot a like, if you don't train 'em your going to have problems! If either are found to be untrainable, get rid of them before you spend too much time or money on them. I must have done ok on the training part as my wife shot a turkey two weeks ago. She hunts, fishes, and shoots. She'll even tag along on the trap line once in a while. Plus my lab comes when he's called and he always goes where I go.

My wife bought me a .54 cal. T/C Hawken at a garage sale for $50.00. It was a kit and the guy started to put it together and gave up on it. :grin:

My dad once told me women and dogs are a lot a like, if you don't train 'em your going to have problems! If either are found to be untrainable, get rid of them before you spend too much time or money on them. I must have done ok on the training part as my wife shot a turkey two weeks ago.

Reads like the deluded ramblings of a husband who has been well trained by his wife; Just like most of us are! :rotf:

Sorry no personal offense meant. Just another POV.

Back