• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Steve Zihn .62 cal Hawken Halfstock Real FANCY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know its real fancy but this here is a special rifle made by a great modern gunsmith. I had my grandfather inlaw's brand from Idaho put on the capbox lid in memory of him so he'll be with me on all my hunts. Steve did an amazing job and once I get my hands on her I'll take more pics in the sunlight and get them posted for those interested. I'm really lucky and proud to own this rifle. Got a feeling the Hawken herd at my house is going to get thinned real quick with this racehorse in the safe. It's a hunting rifle first and will be used as such. It has a tapered 33" Moody Forsyth rifled barrel in .62 cal. I think just about all of it has a nice touch of engraving to it. Now I just have to become famous so this ends up in the Smithsonian 100+ years from now.

Should make a handy rifle to carry around and will pack enough umph to knock a Mammoth on it's butt with a well placed shot.

Enjoy and thanks Steve, you do GREAT WORK!

Zihnfancyhawkenfullrightside.jpg

Zihnfancyhawkenfullrightsideclose.jpg

Zihnfancyhawkenleftside.jpg

Zihnfancyhawkenpatchboxcloseup.jpg

Thanks, here's a pic of Pop's buckle. Maybe I should get it filled with gold or brass come to think of it.

DSCN1111.jpg

:shake: man...all that fancy work and ya go and put a newfangled lock on it... :haha: Nice rifle! Let us know how it shoots!

No need to thin the herd. You can never have too many Hawkens! That's a beautiful rifle. I don't know how anyone can look at a fine Hawken and not want one too. :thumbsup:

Steve Zihn is a very talented builder. You have a real prize there. :thumbsup:

I saw that rifle in Steve's shop before it was finished. I have a number of flinters made by Steve. His rifles not only look good they are also shooters. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys and huge thanks again to Steve.

The brand as told to me by him is of his own design and easy to distinguish on you cattle, it is a weeping heart with the initial W over the top for Whittaker. His name was George Whittaker taken from us too soon and I loved the man as my own grandfather. Although I only met him in 2001 we became close with our shared interests. Lot of family still in Idaho especially around the Leadore area. Hope we can make it out there for a visit in July and if I do you KNOW I'm bringing this rifle.

Next goal is to take an Elk with it near the ranch or up in Leadore.

Stumblin Wolf said:
:shake: man...all that fancy work and ya go and put a newfangled lock on it... :haha: Nice rifle! Let us know how it shoots!

I know I know but that being said I have a Christian Springs flintlock made by Steve as well so I am good to go.

It's very similar to the one he is selling because of the fire he had in his barn that spread to his tool shed. His shop is ok but he's working hard at getting back on his feet and up and running again. He has his personal rifle up for grabs and it is a stunner.

A nice and well done rifle! Wish you always Waidmanns Heil with it! :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Latest posts

Back