• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

E. Tennessee Fowlers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeC

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there such an animal? You hear and see much about the rifles but I rarely if ever hear about fowlers from that area. Does anyone know of any examples, pictures?

Thanks

I have looked at and handled an awful lot of Tennessee rifles but have never seen any "fowlers". I do remember seeing an East Tennessee estate record in the early 19th century which mentioned a "shot gun" as opposed to a "rifle gun".I believe the same inventory might have mentioned a "shot bag".
Tom Patton

I think if anything you would see Buck and ball guns.. Or what Grinslade calls Kentucky fowlers. Or left over military or trade guns. Tom knows a bunch more about them than I do.. or probably will :haha: :v

Roy said:
I think if anything you would see Buck and ball guns.. Or what Grinslade calls Kentucky fowlers. Or left over military or trade guns. Tom knows a bunch more about them than I do.. or probably will :haha: :v
Any pics of those so called Kentucky Fowlers? I'm thinking a smooth companion for my .36 when my time comes up. :grin:

my Dave Motto was called a early english fowler but don't think it resembles a tennessee.

Latest posts

Back