• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got my new .54 GP Hunter Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey Hawk

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It came with a tang assembly. My question is I have been able to trade my .50 with my .54 Percussion barrel...No problem and they both shoot just fine.

Shouldn't I be able to trade my .50 Flint barrel with the .54 as well or did I miss something?

Do I need to change the tang out with the barrel?

Grey Hawk

Trading between the .50 and the .54 should be no problem. They are the same size barrel. Should also be able to use the same tang. I hear the Lee REAL bullet is very accurate in that Hunter barrel, along with several other conicals. Have fun shooting :thumbsup:

So I guess I have an extra tang.

I have a R.E.A.L Bullet mold for both the .50 and the .54, yep can't wait.

Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk said:
So I guess I have an extra tang.

I have a R.E.A.L Bullet mold for both the .50 and the .54, yep can't wait.

Grey Hawk

Yup. Extra tang. I believe they supply them thinking people will be using the barrels for scratch builds or replacement on a non-Lyman rifle.

HD

Oh, that makes sense. It fit like a glove in the old one, so I guess I have an x-tra.

Now I just need to get a few more e-tra parts and I can have a new one and my wife will never know :nono:

:rotf: Can't wait to get started.

Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk,

Did your new Hunter barrel come with an extra primitive buckhorn sight?

It did not come with the primative, but I have already picked up a few to have as extra's from The Gunworks Emporium, so I'm set. :thumbsup:

Back