• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a .50 Renegade. It's the version with set triggers. I cleaned it up real good, & lubed everything. A little bit of cold blue & a dab of linseed oil made it look 100% better. I am going to replace the fiberglass rammer with a hickory rammer. I have the blanks, I just need to get a 10-32 tip. It also needs a new nipple. The old one is flared a little. This is the first .50 Renegade I've owned. I'll probably refinish the stock if it shoots good.

Should be a good shooter. :thumbsup:
I picked up a "basket case" .50 Renegade a few years ago which cleaned up pretty good. It has a T/C peep on it. I stripped the chipped up finish and refinished the stock with a Tung oil /mineral Spirits mixture. Came out pretty good, I think.
Mine likes .490 balls, .015 patches with 70-75 grs. 3F Goex.
Have fun with yours.

I have plenty of .490 balls & ticking. I recently picked up some 350 grain T/C Maxi-Hunters on clearance at Walmart for $5.00 a box. I thought I might give them a try too.

Powder inventory looks like 777, Pyrodex RS, 2F & 3F Goex. I prefer real blackpowder but the other stuff was dirt cheap at Walmart. I use all of it in my modern muzzleloaders.

Mark- Unless the bore has been abused, i think you'll be more than pleased with the patterns if you're willing to work up the load/patch/ball combination which works best in this individual gun. I've been meaning to refinish my Renegade for more years than I care to admit, but never got to it (yet).

Nice rifle- make good smoke!

I have one with both .50 and .54 barrels...the kind with the single trigger. I just bought a dbl set trigger stock and have a .54 RB barrel in the mail.
Bottom line I am REALLY a fan of this gun.

I finally got a chance to take a picture. I was able to get a new nipple yesterday.

Renegade1.jpg

Very nice rifle ya got there Mark :thumbsup: I own 3 T/C muzzleloaders and my 50 Cal. Renegade is still my favorite. Have fun with your new rifle :wink:

Those Renegade's are the workhorse of muzzle loaders. I think you will really enjoy it! :grin:

I have one that is close to 30 years old now and it shoots great and I have never once been sorry I got it.
Since I got it I have picked up a 2 Seneca's and 2 cherokee's and a hawken all TC and am always looking for more.
It took me almost 30 years to find my second seneca and cherokee and they just kind of fell in my lap as I wanted the seneca and my dealer had a cherokee that he wanted to move so I got both for what one is normally going for last year.

Yes, it has the standard front sight. I'd like to get the T/C Hawken front sight blade.

Back