• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just ordered a tomohawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wick Ellerbe said:
Here's a couple of shots of mine. Head by George Ainsley, handle by me.

wicksknives022_640x480.jpg

wicksknives023_640x480.jpg

Real Nice Hawk ! Sure like the work you did on the Handle "Very Nice", Thank's for sharing the picture,

Barney said:
Asked Momma for a Shrew hawk for Christmas. :wink:

If ya didn't get it yet, you'll be real happy when you do. I got one from Ron a week or so before Christmas.

Here's mine. I like the style but it works loose during use. It's pretty rough about 15yrs old. I am just now getting back into muzzleloading.

100_1229.jpg

Looks rough my eye, thats just character shining through. That is what a using hawk should look like! Try soaking the head in a bucket of water overnight, I know its a temporary fix , but it should tighten it up a tad. :v

I heard you can soak it in anti freeze overnight to .The anti freeze makes the wood expand and doesn't evaporate like straight water does.

wayne1967 said:
Here's mine. I like the style but it works loose during use. It's pretty rough about 15yrs old. I am just now getting back into muzzleloading.

100_1229.jpg

Do yourself a favor, skip all the "fixes" and buy a new handle that fits.

If the end on the handle is larger than your hole, as it should be, the head cannot slip off.

The head should slip on from the bottom of the handle, not from the top like a hammer.

It slips back down not over the end.
I like mine to be loose and slide down the handle. Thata way whenever I'm playing handles I can throw it upside down and the handle slides out and falls on the ground. I love watchin the look on the next fellas face when his only target is a hawk head. :rotf:

Here's a pic of my Custom made War Hawk by my friend Thumper, owner of the Snake River Co. Idaho.
11-05-08_1132.jpg

SG

Sarge,
Sometimes they get the best of you anyway. I got a good stick and the handle stayed in and then my son went and stuck his hawk into the back of my hawk's eye!!! I gues that would be like splitting an arrow with an arrow.
Mark :surrender:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOW awesome picture awesome hawk... Love the detail.. very nice, very nice indead.. oh and my son say "SWEET!!"
Best regards a "loyalist Dawg" :hatsoff:

Back