• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Notable ML quotes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was Claude, the copper capper caper culprit, caught? I do not condone this kind of criminal conduct. Coal for Christmas!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Praise the lord and pass the roundballs.

God, Guts and Flintlocks.

They'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from my coc .... er flintlock.

Since it is Christmas, I submit these carols to sing. . .

"All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Flint Locks,
My Two Flint Locks, Yes My Two Flint Locks"

"Load the Hawken's with patched round balls.
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la"

"It's the most wonderful way to take deer.
When you load round balls,
and rattling antler calls,
Brings the big bucks near,
It's the most wonderful way to take deer."

"Rock locks around the Christmas tree
at the Custom Flintlock shop.
Moose Shot brewing where you can see
every shooter tries tries a drop."

"Up on the mountaintop
mule deer pause,
English flint clamped in my gun's jaws.
Down against the frizzen
with lots of sparks,
A puffy white cloud,
makes the flintlock's bark."

"Grandma got run over by a roundball.
While casting lead at our house Christmas eve.
You can say there's no such thing as big bores,
but as for me and Squire Robin, we believe."

Over the river and through the woods, To Bridger's fort we go.......

I tot I ta a mountain man? I did I did I did tee a mountain man

"Tweety Bird"

my philophsy: scotch, woman and gun powder...

of course not all at once.... :grin:

Musketman said:
"Grandma got run over by a roundball.
While casting lead at our house Christmas eve.
You can say there's no such thing as big bores,
but as for me and Squire Robin, we believe."

Oh snap! Is Roundball in trouble with the law?? He musta heard that there were deer in the field near his blind!

Sorry Musketman, I forgot the smilies!

I hate it when somebody tries harder than me to be funny! :cursing:

Merry Christmas :wink:

TR

:grin: ............I gotta do some research and get me some songs to fire-up my troops in this here United States vs The World War. :grin: :grin:

OVER THERE ..........

Over Here, Over Here
Send the target, send the word,
Over Here
That the Yanks are loosing,
And we won't let up till your target's over Here!

-----ever hear the cows singing as they head for the barn at milking time--"OVER THERE OVER THERE --OH THE YANKS ARE COMING THE YANKS ARE COMING"-----

(apologies to the dead parrot sketch)

A customer enters a gun shop.

Musketman: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner Stumpkiller does not respond.)

Musketman: 'Ello, Miss?

Stumpkiller: What do you mean "miss"?

Musketman: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Stumpkiller: We're closin' for lunch.

Musketman: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this traditional muzzleloader what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very gunshop.

Stumpkiller: Oh yes, the, uh, the Hawken...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Musketman: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. its an Inline, that's what's wrong with it!

Stumpkiller: No, no, it's uh,...Hawken.

Musketman: Look, matey, I know a Inline rifle when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Stumpkiller: No no its not an Inline, its, its a Hawken! Remarkable gun, the J&S Hawken, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plastic grain!

Musketman: The plastic grain don't enter into it. It's still an Inline.

Stumpkiller: Nononono, no, no! It's a Hawken!

Musketman: All right then, if it's a Hawken, I'll load him up! (grabbing for a #11 percussion cap) 'Ello, Mister Hawken! I've got a lovely fresh percussion cap for you if you shoot...

(Stumpkiller hits the stock)

Stumpkiller: There, it works!

Musketman: No, it doesn't, that was you hitting the stock!

Stumpkiller: I never!!

Musketman: Yes, you did!

Stumpkiller: I never, never did anything...

Musketman: (yelling and hitting the stock repeatedly) 'ELLO HAWKEN!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes Inline out of the package and thumps its barrel on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Musketman: Now that's what I call a damn Inline.

Stumpkiller: No, no.....No, it's stunned!

Musketman: STUNNED?!?

Stumpkiller: Yeah! You stunned it, just as it was loosening up! J&S Hawken's stun easily, major.

Musketman: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That muzzleloader is definitely an Inline, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of traditional lines was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged shooting spree.

Stumpkiller: Well, it's...it's, ah...probably pining for the rendevous.

Musketman: PININ' for the RENDEVOUS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did it fall off the gun rack and flat on his back the moment I got it home?

Stumpkiller: The J&S Hawken's prefers keepin' on their backs! Remarkable muzzleloader, id'nit, squire? Lovely plastic grain!

Musketman: Look, I took the liberty of examining that plastic grained stock when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been attached to the barrel in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Stumpkiller: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that stock down, it would have nuzzled up to your shoulder, bent your arm with the recoil, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Musketman: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this muzzleloader wouldn't "voom" if you put four million grains of FFFg through it! It's a bleedin' Inline!

Stumpkiller: No no! It's a Hawken!

Musketman: It's not a Hawken! It's an Inline! This muzzleloader is no more a traditional rifle than I am! It is made of plastic and stainless steel! It's new and uses 209 primers! It's an Inline! Removable breech, 'e comes in pieces for easy cleaning! If I shot it with the nailed stock I'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is modern design, not 'istory! It's not made with wood! It's kicked the sidelock, 'e's shuffled with pellets, run down the barrel and joined the bullet with sabots!! THIS IS A EX-TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADER!!

(pause)

Stumpkiller: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of Hawkens.

Musketman: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Stumpkiller: I got a old slug barrel.

(pause)

Musketman: Pray, does it shoot?

Stumpkiller: Nnnnot really.

Musketman: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Stumpkiller: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

Musketman: Well.

(pause)

Stumpkiller: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to go shooting at my place?

Musketman: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

Latest posts

Back