• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP shops in Kentucky ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
This Hoosier will be going into Kentucky for business on Friday, the 5th or the following week. I will be on the Pennyrile south out of Evansville, East to Central City, then up through Owensboro. Are there any blackpowder shops or custom gunbuilders near this route that I might visit? Thanks for any information! Skychief.

I don't know that end of the state very well, but I do know you will only be a few minutes from Dixie Gun Works if you are on the Pennyrile.. It's an interesting place to stop if you haven't before..

EDIT.. my bad, it's I24 that runs so close, not the Pennyrile. Still an easy run and worth the trip though imho... :grin:

Aces Gun Shop just west of Hawesville in Hancock County, about 25 minutes east of Owensboro. This is a modern gun shop, not just muzzleloaders. Muzzleloaders in stock are mostly production guns but sometimes you might find a custom on consignment. If you are looking for shooting supplies, they carry round balls, precut/prelubed patches, all manner of cleaning gear and”¦ Goex powder in FFg, FFFg, and sometimes FFFFg. They keep this in a powder magazine so you will have to ask for it.

Back