• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maybe a dumb question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbojet 54

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Do you guys wear eye protection when hunting? I have been into muzzle loading only about 5 years.I have only shot targets with a traditional ML.I know my .44 revolver likes to spit pieces of the caps back in your face.I haven't really noticed this problem with my .54 GPR percussion, but I wear eye protection with it.I also have a .54 GPR Flint that I haven't shot yet, what about that one too? :confused:

Flint 54 said:
Do you guys wear eye protection when hunting?

After noticing how the surface of my shooting glasses was getting pitted shooting Flintlocks, I started wearing them hunting last year...and actually helped myself see the sights better at the same time by using a full size pair of 1.0 diopter glasses from Walmart

I wear eye protection but not ear stuff. I always wear eye protection - at the range, hunting or when mowing the lawn. I also wear ear protection when varmint hunting becaue I typically have the time to put them in place.

No eye and ear protection when hunting, but yes when target shooting.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I have worn eye protection during hunting in the past, but not for protection from my gun. I'll use eyewear if I'm trying to kick up rabbits in thorny or thick brush. I hate the way a twig feels in my eye.

Generally no.
I do wear sunglasses or Amber shooting glasses when hunting in the snow when the sun is out. That is, if I remember to bring em.

Do you guys wear eye protection when hunting?

I never drop the hammer on any firearm without eye protection be it hunting or at the range.

It's easy for me since i need glasses and get protective rated lenses when purchasing.

If I did not need corrective lenses i would wear protective glasses.

In the past three years I have been hit in the face with cap particles on two different occasions. Once just below my eye on the left cheek and once above the right eye.

Both of these incidents resulted in major cuts, considerable swelling and much blood. Had either of these hit my eye, I'm convinced that it would have caused serious damage and probably permanent loss of at least some vision.

That's what I do. They're your eyes, so do as you wish with them!

Flint 54 said:
Do you guys wear eye protection when hunting? I have been into muzzle loading only about 5 years.I have only shot targets with a traditional ML.I know my .44 revolver likes to spit pieces of the caps back in your face.I haven't really noticed this problem with my .54 GPR percussion, but I wear eye protection with it.I also have a .54 GPR Flint that I haven't shot yet, what about that one too? :confused:

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Back