• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

divorce flintlock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have hunted deer with a fifty and a fifty four, both got the job done. Fifty eight is the magic number though.

Get hold of Matt and toni now because as of yesterday they had a slot opening up soon normally it would take a year to get a gun from them.
Congrats by the way.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, but if I can get it done I am having Roy build me one. Once the papers are signed and the lawyers are through fighting I will know where I stand, so far so good though.

If you're not into waiting, check out the used custom gun lists at The Gun Works. I don't remember the details right off, but when I stopped by there a while back that had several real interesting ones in 58 at moderate prices (i.e., less than $1K).

Track of The Wolf is another place to look. They usually have a selection of custom rifles for sale.
58 is somewhat rare though. 54 is easier to find and frankly for most uses is a better choice.

Dan

BrownBear geez, I looked at that site. I could get a 4 or an 8 bore for about 5 grand.Yikes!
Mr. Phariss, better choice is in they eye of the beholder.Good day sir.

slowpokebr549 said:
Thanks for the info, but if I can get it done I am having Roy build me one. Once the papers are signed and the lawyers are through fighting I will know where I stand, so far so good though.
Being the Proud owner of two Strohs....that is an excellant choice! you won't be sorry!! (keyword RICE) :wink: :thumbsup:

With the thinner dimensions of a southern poorboy, especially the more narrow buttstock, .54 is probably the max I'd go. I have a .54 Tennessee Rifle, love it, but think I would go with a heavier rifle with wider buttstock (maybe a jaeger, English Sporting Rifle, or a Lancaster) in any larger caliber. Just my two cents :wink:

Umm my .58 NE wears a 1 5/8" wide butt plate and is a pussy cat to shoot with a 90gr load. How much thinner is the poor boys?

Truth be told that is something I have worried a little about. But the nice thing about a .58 is that it doesn't need to be loaded heavily to get the job done. I like the looks of a poor boy but it is a consideration.

slowpokebr549 said:
I went ahead and did it, I divorced my wife of ten years. I sold my cattle to pay her off and be rid of her and HER debts.?
I'll bet your gonna miss the Cattle. :(

You won't go wrong with Roy. He'll give you your monies worth plus some. Great architecture. Go with the caliber you prefer and I would'nt be too concerned with the recoil from a .58. even on a slimmer gun. :thumbsup:

Well I did the divorce thing and I'm still paying a little bit of the debt off but I got her in a corner and got my Boys, the house and farm, but I had to take some debt. But I sold off a bunch of stuff and paid most of that. I am looking for a 38 cal for squirrle. (spelling) Good luck in you gun hunt and shoot it in good health.

Latest posts

Back