• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone done this kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent Rangertrace! Thanks for getting back to me. Your description of the fitting job sounds like just what I went through fitting the standard Lyman trigger into my kit, so maybe the work's already done! The stock trigger is okay, but in my very long experience shooting offhand, there's no such thing as a trigger that's "too good."

50cal.cliff said:
I have been thinking about this all night. No I am not excited! :
I think I want to gray it all. Anyone got any good recipes for that???????
I think I will go with the Red color finish like they use on Maple the name and brand escapes me at this moment. I think it may be LMF but can't remember. Maybe someome will chime in?
quote]

well for the grey thats easy! use viniger soaked wrags. and the color i used LMF american maple. see pics.

karwelis
gprfinish006.jpg

gprbuild005-2.jpg

Now there you go that is just about right on the head with what I be talking about!
Can you shed anymore light on the vinegar treatment. I smell a pickle!!!!!! :haha: But I like the results! How did you seal afterwards? Any problem with rust?

well what i did was wrap the parts in cut up t shirts for a couple of days, let them sit in the sun, check every couple of hours to make sure wrags were still wet with viniger, and i would also turn over the parts to let the viniger "burn in" evenly. then burnish it with 0000 steel wool. then rub down with wd-40 and VOILA! also no issue with rust. i have allowed some in corners, but im looking for an affect. after shooting and cleaning, i usually rub the barrel down again with wd-40

karwelis

The BIG BROWN TRUCK just arrived!!!!!!!!! :applause: :blah: :) :rotf: :rotf:
Now all I got do is get the time to build this kit!
Whooooooppppppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back