• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round Ball Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the pain in the butt to get lead out of batteries I agree. But to call it out right dangerous is wrong. with common sense/safety precautions lead removal from a car battery can be done. Its a lot of work for the amount of lead recovery.
Though from what I'm hearing these are the same type scare tactics that they used with the band on R12 refrigerant, the removal of lead from paint. Just because some people are scared of normal things in life doesn't mean that I have to be also. Henny Penny the sky is falling or John Travolta in The Boy In the Plastic Bubble, sorry guys I dont play these tree hugger games.
I know of this one chemical that if you breath it in it can kill you and if it gets on your car brakes it can render them useless its also known to cause frequent urination in people. not to long ago it destroyed a town. its now showing up in our food and farm crops.
Now if you feel that we should all get together and band this horrific chemical, well then you just band water H2O.

Wattsy said:
mykeal said:
Wow. Paul, normally you make good sense, but on this one you're off base a bit. There's no readily available market for cadmium for a good reason. It's a heavy metal for which there are very expensive penalties for contamination. Clean up is mandatory and financially debilitating. It's a known carcinogen; the most common method of exposure is inhalation in an industrial setting. It's main use is in car batteries, requiring specialized handling processes. Smelting the mineral out of the lead in a car battery exposes the environment to dangerous and toxic fumes.

I note that you specify care in handling batteries, including exhaust fans when smelting. Howver, your assumption that common sense prevails and that simple measures are sufficient is, in my opinion, inadequate. The more reasonable approach is to stay away from smelting car battery lead altogether.

I'll admit I dont know Jack about batteries but I must point out here my opinion on these two: As soon as some one states that the environment will be piosioned I MUST say :bull: This world and its environment will keep right on spinning long after we all are worm poop. That is a phrase that gets the tree huggers motivated but it dosnt buy much logically.
The other :bull: phrase is "common sence" will not prevail...THAT is why there is a very fundamental law that the hippies have been trying for years to negate but never will; The LAW of natural selection. Those two stupid to use "common sence" will die and the gene pool will be BETTER OFF!
If every body spent a little more time worrying about them selves and less time interfering with others thos old world would be MUCH BETTER a place to live.
Litmus test: Batteries CAN NOT be bad....All the Libberal, tree-humpin, sandel wearing, pot smokin, dirt worshiping, Democrate Hippies SWARE that thye hybred cars ARE the ONLY way to go. :grin:

Paul is right to each his own decision!

If you dick around with modern car batteries you will be worm poop sooner rather than later. YOU have been warned so use your best judgement.
:v

Wattsy said:
mykeal said:
Wow. Paul, normally you make good sense, but on this one you're off base a bit. There's no readily available market for cadmium for a good reason. It's a heavy metal for which there are very expensive penalties for contamination. Clean up is mandatory and financially debilitating. It's a known carcinogen; the most common method of exposure is inhalation in an industrial setting. It's main use is in car batteries, requiring specialized handling processes. Smelting the mineral out of the lead in a car battery exposes the environment to dangerous and toxic fumes.

I note that you specify care in handling batteries, including exhaust fans when smelting. Howver, your assumption that common sense prevails and that simple measures are sufficient is, in my opinion, inadequate. The more reasonable approach is to stay away from smelting car battery lead altogether.

I'll admit I dont know Jack about batteries but I must point out here my opinion on these two: As soon as some one states that the environment will be piosioned I MUST say :bull: This world and its environment will keep right on spinning long after we all are worm poop. That is a phrase that gets the tree huggers motivated but it dosnt buy much logically.
The other :bull: phrase is "common sence" will not prevail...THAT is why there is a very fundamental law that the hippies have been trying for years to negate but never will; The LAW of natural selection. Those two stupid to use "common sence" will die and the gene pool will be BETTER OFF!
If every body spent a little more time worrying about them selves and less time interfering with others thos old world would be MUCH BETTER a place to live.
Litmus test: Batteries CAN NOT be bad....All the Libberal, tree-humpin, sandel wearing, pot smokin, dirt worshiping, Democrate Hippies SWARE that thye hybred cars ARE the ONLY way to go. :grin:

:snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :shocked2: WHA?? :yakyak: :youcrazy:
:grin:

Wattsy said:
I'll admit I dont know Jack about batteries

But you propose to tell us how safe they are to tear apart. Brilliant.

Wattsy said:
there is a very fundamental law that the hippies have been trying for years to negate but never will; The LAW of natural selection. Those two stupid to use "common sence" will die and the gene pool will be BETTER OFF!

I have always said that if evolution were a scientific fact, that all of the stupid people would have died off long ago. That, however,is not the case. The stupid keep breeding and the sins of the fathers, in this case stupidity, are passed on through the generations.

Wattsy said:

And the stupid have the good common sense to take proper precautions? Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back