• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Braintan Buffalo robe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron LaClair

In Rembrance
Reaction score
I just got my braintan buffalo robe today. Any suggestions on it's care and use? Should I put down a ground cloth? Oilcloth or other?

As a sleeping robe is it best to use under or as a cover?

Braintan_Buffalo.JPG

Don't have an answer for you, sure looks nice though. I like the looks of your bow and quiver, make them yourself?

Don't have an answer for you, sure looks nice though. I like the looks of your bow and quiver, make them yourself?

No I didn't make them. The bow was made by Ed Scott of "Owl Bows" It's Mt. Juniper, backed with sinew and snakeskin. 55#@ 28" The quiver was made by a lady that no longer makes them. It's Wolverine lined with deerskin.

They look great!! I like all and for the robe it is great but I dont have a clue how it should be used. Looks like it would be good both to lay on or under.

:v Beautiful!!! I would certainly use a gound cloth just to keep the robe clean and prevent moisture damage. In the old days a replacement robe was just over the next hill, not so anymore!
That will be a very cozy wrap if it is cold enough. Very nice outfit! :v

for sure a ground cloth to help keep it clean.lay on one side and pull the other over you. Hair side in on the cold nights hair out when it is warmer. Hard to beat...Stickwalker

I've always used a ground cloth and some old wool throw rugs or ground pad underneath of mine, fold it in half and crawl in, hair in for cold weather, hair out for warm weather. Of course if you're not "sleeping single", put the blankets underneath and the robe on top out flat.
Either way it's nice and cozy

Back