• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New one finally done

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stophel

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got this gun done, finally.

This is another 1750's-1760's "German-American" smoothbore gun. It is done in an "as new" finish, which is HARD for me to do! AF stained (naturally), neutralized with lye, and the grain filled with a spirit varnish of buttonlac and mastic. Top coat is my boiled linseed oil/rosin varnish.
www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks/1760

Tell me what you all think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that I didn't mess up my keyboard when I drooled over those pictures.

Very nice :bow: just send it my way and I will store it and take care of it for you very well tells it looks like shooter. I promise I will age it really nice for ya :wink: :grin: :hmm:

OUTSTANDING! :bow: I like the buttplate and the sideplate. You ought to put carving on more of your rifles, you do a very good job.

You are truly an artisan sir. I am especially struck by the panels of the buttplate just to single out one item from the impressive whole. Kindly give us the details.

I think this is an awesome masterpiece!

If only I was talented enough....

Reminds me of a selfmade German Jaeger I once saw.

Very nice looking smoothie. :bow:
What cal.?Barrel length? :hmm:
How long did you work on this one?

:thumbsup:

undertaker said:
Very nice looking smoothie. :bow:
What cal.?Barrel length? :hmm:
How long did you work on this one?

:thumbsup:

28ga. 44". A LOOOONG time.

Very nice, I like the metal work. I wish I had the nerve to try some stock carving. As it is it took me several days to talk myself into inletting a star.

Oh man, thats gorgeous!

Thanks again for fixing my old Cochran lock. Took 3 deer this past winter and 2 turkeys. Its never sparked better!

Back