• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Graf Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharp Shooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am going to get some Graf FFG powder to try and was wondering if I will gain or loose power over Goex FFG?

My results are that it is equal to Goex and a little less fouling. All in all, a good substitute for Goex.

SharpShooter,
Although I continue to use Goex,just
because of its availability I never had a
problem useing Grafs 3fff powder.Keep in mind it is a product of Germany.Mnfg for Grafs. Grafs
also handles Goex at very reasonable prices.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Graf & Sons powder has been very accurate for me. I have read that it is a little slower than other powders, but I'll take accuracy over velocity any day. The only thing I have run over my chrony were prb from my .56 smoothbore. The velocities were close to those listed in the TC manual. I'll try to get some velocities from my .54 and .62 with Graf powder soon.

I think I will get some KIK powder instead. I dont know why but I decided I would rather get that. I dont think it really matters what powder you get as long as you dont get Elephant. Is swiss really that much better than the others? What makes is better? I was thinking about trying 1.5FG in my 58cal but not sure it is worth the extra money. I know a lot of people like KIK powder. I heard it fowles a little less than Goex and has a little more power. Wish I could try both but I dont know anybody who sells both.

Changed from Swiss to Grafs - can't see any diff. besides approx 5% velocity loss- same accuracy - same fowling - and way cheaper.....

Back