• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Damascus Nessmuck knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Something a little different..I`ve wanted to make a Nessmuck knife and explained to John my thoughts on the knife..He was forging damascus and made this little Nessmuck..5" blade with a 4" cutting edge from random pattern damascus..Wei scrimshawed the Grizzly on the handle and added a bear paw on the burr..This knife has a good feel to it..
2757411720063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2787884390063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2807892430063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2813758340063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

It was made to fit the sheath on the pouch you made me but as luck would have it ,it doesnt fit..

SSWWEEEEETT!!! great knife Rick. I can just imagine how good it feels, it looks like it would melt into your hand. nice job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

Thanks but this knife was made to go in a sheath thats attached to my pouch strap and it doesnt fit all that well..I`m afraid its not a keeper and another will be made after I take a few measurments..Talk about not being PC,I have a knife that was designed after a skinner from Africa,Wei scrimshawed an iguana on the handle for me and it now rests in the sheath on the strap on my Swampy pouch..

Rick,
BEAUTIFUL!!!I love the
look of damascus.
snake-eyes:bow::applause::thumbsup:

Rick I like that knife, you gonna keep on till I have to contact you about one of then schrimsaw jobs. That womans talents are beyond belief! :thumbsup: :bow:

No I doubt I`ll keep the knife I really have no use for it..It doesnt fit the sheath on my pouch strap so I`ll have to make another knife..The knife on my strap now isnt even close to being PC,it is a blade copied from a skinner from Africa and has an iguana scrimshawed on it..
2938245390063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2126367270063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I`ll sell the knife and make another to fit the pouch..I`ve kind of gotten out of making knives and need to get back into it,good excuse anyways..

Rick,

I've never actualy seen a damascus knife up close, in fact never even knew about them until I seen them on this web site.

I'm curious if they hold an edge very good? I read somewhere that the forger makes the damamscus steel out of stranded steel wire by heating it up and hammering it flat?

Just didn't know about the steel and wondered if they hold an edge. The knives are very unique lookin.

snagg

Back