• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Western Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claude said:
Understood. I mistakenly thought the dissatisfaction was with the organization itself and it's policies on traditional muzzleloading.

Your statement above is One Half True Claude, there is a BIG DISSATISFACTION also.

Back when I retire to Phoenix Area there was one supplier of Muzzle Loading Guns, Accessories, Powder, etc. in PHX.

It was called “Annette's Powder Keg”. The owner who was an EX COP was kind of funny to deal with, but he did sell supplies, powder, etc.

Now if you live in PHX and are interested in Muzzle Loading you have one chance annually to visit what was a lot of TRADER at the NMLRA Western. The NMLRA Winter Shoot, now the Western Shoot.

Since 1998, 1999, and 2000 level the Traders has gone down, down, down, or are just not comming to PHX to the Western Shoot because the amount of buyers is the few NMLRA Members who participate in the WNS, and a few who know that there is a WNS, and Traders present.

To me it make common sense for the NMLRA to publicize their event as it would be good for the Traders, and maybe would SPARK an interest in Muzzle Loading, or the NMLRA.

But that is not the mentality of the NMLRA they apparently want to keep the fact that there is a Big ML Shoot in PHX a Secret, as they do not advertise, publicize, or promote the event out side of the NMLRA Membership.

Apparently there is a mentality in the NMLRA that more MEMBERS/Shooter in PHX could mean it would be HARDER to WIN a Shooting Medal that is worth less then a Cup of Coffee.

But the Bowling Trophy mentality apparently has won, as I can only assume that is why the NMLRA doesn’t promote their event.

God forbid some Indiana INSIDER traveled to PHX for the Western, and didn’t come home with a shooting box full of shooting medals they could possibly be in need of mental health help to deal with the trama of no shooting medals. :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

I let my NMLRA membership lapse years ago. It appeared that it degenerated into a group of hard headed know-it-alls. I was a member of a local muzzloader club in Ohio. It was a good club, bought cases of powder and shared the savings, taught young new members. I moved to Colorado 5 years ago and a friend told me the club has disintagrated. Basically for the same reason. Hardheadedness....SO be it, there's always something to replace it.. Too bad...

blackhorse said:
I let my NMLRA membership lapse years ago. It appeared that it degenerated into a group of hard headed know-it-alls. I was a member of a local muzzloader club in Ohio. It was a good club, bought cases of powder and shared the savings, taught young new members. I moved to Colorado 5 years ago and a friend told me the club has disintagrated. Basically for the same reason. Hardheadedness....SO be it, there's always something to replace it.. Too bad...

Good Post. :thumbsup:

I spent sometime recently on the phone with Winston Roland and he is an interesting person.

One things we talked about was the Western Shoot and he said that there would be local media coverage of the shoot this year.

Why not wait and give him a chance?

RDE

Richard Eames said:
I spent sometime recently on the phone with Winston Roland and he is an interesting person.

One things we talked about was the Western Shoot and he said that there would be local media coverage of the shoot this year.

Why not wait and give him a chance?

RDE

Because he tells non truths... :bull: :bull: :bull: :bull: Óow many years has he been NMLRA Pres?, and don nothing to prompote the Western Outside of the MemberSHIT???

Like they did rabbit 03 just lie and lie and I guess he made the trip from S Tex to Ind to find out al he was told wasn't going to happen. If I could get out of this bed I would go just to met members and ask why they are etting the NMLRA just run them over AND how did you like the grand prize this year another Pedro In-li :cursing: junker. Fred :barf: on them even if I am a member it's time to clean house.

I gave everyone the # to call ol Winston if you'll ck ot my post and rabbit gave him a call and got all kinds of good stuff from him till it was time to show...see " NMLRA Shooting Jacket Follow Up! " in Non Muzz Loading site. red :hatsoff:

fw said:
Like they did rabbit 03 just lie and lie and I guess he made the trip from S Tex to Ind to find out al he was told wasn't going to happen. If I could get out of this bed I would go just to met members and ask why they are etting the NMLRA just run them over AND how did you like the grand prize this year another Pedro In-li :cursing: junker. Fred :barf: on them even if I am a member it's time to clean house.

You must realize that "Pedro In-li :cursing: junker" is as good as it gets in the west, as it it was in Friendship there would be i am sure something very nice. The Western is kind of like a BASTARD Child,it is there but mostly forgotten.

You all who attend and support the Western Shoot must remember if the shoot turn a profit, those profit will not be used, and have not been used in the past to seed a future Western Shoot.

I will be looking again this year at all the local Newspapers, Radio stations, and TV Station to see if the shoot is advertised, or publicized in the Phoenix Metro Area.

I can not for the life of me understand why the NMLRA has never use this event to increase interest in Muzzleloading, and their Organization to the non member shooter in the State of AZ?

I GUESS YOUR bp PROBLEM IS CAUSE THEY DONT USE IT IN THAT STATE. :rotf: Really is hard to belive but its getting hard to find lots of places. The problem with the West one for us in Tex from my part is its still 500 miles and not really something you want to drive thru to get to "?" Frienship is 20 miles closer...I would of liked to gone while I could if someone else was going to help drive. In the "more than one way to skin a cat" a win by a few of us and comments about how they are letting it go to the dogs (in- :barf: couldnt have hurt. Fred :hatsoff:

Western Shoot

Any predictions on number of Traders, will there be powder For Sale?

No Advertising in the local Gun Shops

:confused:

Well I see the NMLRA did it again, that is having their National Shoot the same weekend as the start of Muzzleloading Javelina Season in Arizona, and also a Big Cross Roads GUN SHOW at the Fair GROUNDS.

POOR PLANNING..... :rotf:

:yakyak: It must be some kind of miracle that it doesn't conflict with the Super Bowl. :yakyak:

Well one thing is certain, you weren't responsible for any of the planning. :barf:

Give it a break, why don't ya!!

Old Salt said:
:yakyak: It must be some kind of miracle that it doesn't conflict with the Super Bowl. :yakyak:

Well one thing is certain, you weren't responsible for any of the planning. :barf:

Give it a break, why don't ya!!

They deserve NO BREAKS, because they are CRETINS IMHO.

Would have taken little effort to check with Game & Fish about ML Hunting Seasons the same weekend.

Would have taken little effort to check if there were Gun show the same weekend.

BLAME THE NMLRA BOD for doing a PEE POOR JOB of running the orginization, but hell its dying, so just another NAIL in the Casket.
:hmm:

In case any ones interested. Thunderbird Cartridge sells Black powder in the Phoenix area.

Call first, sometimes they run out, but they do stock it. No need to wait for an iffy supplier.

On top of all the problems they have it's election time and they didn't have enough people to have one so pressed people into running. Have just sent letter asking about if my perc side lock in 50 BMG smokeless is legal, with scope it should knock a mooe head over heals at 500 yards, should be a real winner in Longhunter! :rotf: If mylife would only lasta few years longer Id get them running right again, Muzzleloading forum has 1'000s of new members vs NMLRA loss the last 5 years. Well good luck all! :thumbsup: Fred :hatsoff:

fw said:
Muzzleloading forum has 1'000s of new members vs NMLRA loss the last 5 years. Well good luck all! :thumbsup: Fred :hatsoff:

I guess I missed all the advertising for the ML forum's last or first or next national shoot. :confused: Where was it, will it be held?????

Old Salt

Tkendrick said:
In case any ones interested. Thunderbird Cartridge sells Black powder in the Phoenix area.

Call first, sometimes they run out, but they do stock it. No need to wait for an iffy supplier.

Found it on Google

Thunderbird Cartridge Co[url] www.tbirdammo.com[/url]

7215 W Southern Ave
Laveen, AZ 85339
(602) 237-3823

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is like the 5th. or 6thj. year that the NMLRA Timed their Shoot to be the Same weekend as the BIG CROSS ROADS GUN SHOW in PHX, and Javelina Muzzleloading Hunting Season in AZ.

I was planning on going out to the Western Shoot to buy Powder, and to RETURN A NMLRA FLAG that has been sitting in three Garage for too many years. That is now like a rag from the critters.

But I may stay home, and send the NMLRA to the DUMP when the Trash Guy come to pick up my TRASH that week. :blah:

Back