• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hi From SoCal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, My name is John but most call me Zepman.

I built my first BP gun in the early 80's and once I fired it I was sold for life. Although I am an avid hunter/Shooter and shoot many different guns( I have an outstanding rifle collection from all sides of WW2)Nothing is as much funs as my blackpowder guns. I now own 3 "kit" guns I have built myself(2-CVA .45 pistols and a Thompson Center 50-Cal Hawken)and I just recently purchased a Lyman 54 Cal "Deerstalker".
2-2.5 inch groups with RB's are the normal at 75 yards with both rifles from the bench.I am really amazed at the accuraccy possible with these rifles if you spend the time to work out the right Patch thickness/Ball diameter/powder charge combinations for each gun.Part of the fun IMO :hatsoff: I have learned lots here and looking forward in continuing that and maybe sharing a thing or two I have learned over the last 30 years shooting Black Powder.Happy New Years to all of you and have a safe holiday..................John :v

zepman,
Welcome to the MLF,great having you with
us.Hope you will visit often and contribute when
you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

LOL Close my friend, I am in Orange, Orange County, the LAST Republican stronghold :rotf:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I hope to eventually meet and shoot with as many of you as possible............John

Back