• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

3rd roe at the same place!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Went out today morning at 05:30 a.m. in my ground blind where I have already got 2 winterroes. This morning it was mighty cold, about -12 degrees celcius. So I thought for myself that I won't stay long. After about 10 minutes I recognized a dark shadow in a shadow of a bush which wasn't there before. So I took my .50 deerhunter and had a look through the scope at the shadow. It was a roedoe, standing there facing me and looking. Aimed fast at the breast and made my part. After the smoke was gone I didn't see anything, but heard sound of breaking frozen snow. I waited 15 minutes and went to the place the roe was standing. When arrieving there I saw it already lying in the snow ten meters left of the hitting point. The .490 PRB's impact was in the middle of the breast, destroyed the upper part of the lounges and the heart. It got stuck in the loungs. No trespassing and no exit. so not many damage at all but a good killing effect. With a modern cal. like .308 I had shot right through the whole roe with damage in the gutting. The distance was 60 m, charge was 75grs WANO PP. The doe had 34 lps fielddressed.
[url] http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/Kirrmeister/PICT0749.jpg[/url]

Regards

Kirrmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Kirr!
Nice lookin Deer.That yer boy?He's gonna be a hunter like dad huh? :v

Halftail said:
Way to go Kirr!
Nice lookin Deer.That yer boy?He's gonna be a hunter like dad huh? :v

Hi Halftail!

You're right, this is my son Simon, 6 years old and already very interested in hunting, fishing and reenactment of Rev.War.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congratulations Kirr, nice deer! What kind of scope do you have on your rifle? I'm trying to figure out if a period correct scope would work on a muzzleloader in dark conditions.

Glad Simon is interested in the outdoors as well as the American Revolution! :thumbsup:

Billy

Halito Ah-Ma-Cha-Mee! Nice Roe! I was stationed at Kitzengin,(sp) years ago and used to like going into the forest and watching the Roe deer, they reminded me of our Whitetail and we spent many hours watching them. Super great story as well.

Back