• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are all deer hunters a little strange…..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucks are attracted to Estrogen, which women emit during their periods. Estrogen is what does emit when they go into heat. Estrogen is the same thing, whether it comes from humans or deer, as embarrassing as that may be to contemplate. MY wife went deer hunting when she was on her period, and attracted a huge buck who walked up to within 20 feet of her where she was sitting in a dead-fall tree. She was dressed in an insulated coverall of all blaze orange, but he wasn't interested in what she was wearing. He was interested in her scent. Even after her first shot, he stood right there, and only moved at her second shot, and my appearance above him.

my nephew's buddy was derned stomped dead by a buck when coming out of the woods from archery hunting as he had 'doe scent' on his gear. maybe there is something to it. :hmm: I would not use it myself maybe on a rag hanging in bushes.

At the right time, deer in heat scents can be deadly. But, it has to be used at the right time and never used on the hunter. You want to draw deer to the scent, not to the hunter.

should be 'derned near stomped dead'. he spent several days in hospital. and weeks getting back to decent condition.

Back