• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New blade for my trapper knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I took this knife in trade a while back only because I wanted the handle on it,its a large piece of preban elephant ivory..The blade that came with the knife wasnt all that great so I asked my friend John to come up with a new blade for the handle..He made whats called a feather design in damascus for it..The blade is made from two different piece of damascus twisted in different directions and weilding together giving it a feather[url] look..Blade[/url] measure 8 3/4" with a brass quard and 5 1/2" handle..Johns wife Wei scrimshawed the indian on it for me..I have to come up with a decent idea for a sheath for it..

2582965950063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2602227210063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2350468590063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. RickD,
Beautiful!
Almost too pretty to use. But what better way to enjoy such a piece of art. Any idea as to how "durable" such scrimshaw is with normal use as a carry/camp knife?
Best Wishes

I have several knives that were scrimshawed by Wei and I`ve used most of them and the scrimshaw holds up very well so far anyways..Scrimshaw and damascus isnt PC but I like em anyways

they used colour ,way back,and Damascus,they did portraits,of people even indians.
The work on that knife is somthin else,thanx for lettin us git a look.

That is one sweet piece of steel, rick, and the artwork is nothing to sneeze at either :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks but knives are like a sickness to me..Hate saying this but I have more than I`ll ever use or really need..I just like the darn things and having a friend that makes knives sure doesnt help..Also doesnt help having a wife that supports my knife habit..Got it rough dont I..

rick, you have some of the finest blades i have ever seen , and i share your sickness of the love of knives my wife just dont get it, :thumbsup:

Well Tom if you get the urge for color scrimshaw Wei can do most anything you want and the price really isnt all that bad once you see the quality of her work..

two-bellys said:
rick,my wife just dont get it,
Rick&Tom,
You know Mrs snake don't
understand my affliction to knives,bags,etc.
But,when she observes them,sometimes,she
realalizes I am not commpletely:crazy:
snake-eyes

I`m very lucky..My wife likes my knives and guns and always wants me to buy more..

Back