• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

B.J.'s new hunting pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finished up BJ's new pouch, made from 9/10 oz. dark chocolate brown Buffler, this one was fun sewing by hand!
BJ1.jpg

Excellent!

how did you get the "rolled edge" effect? I really like the appearence of that!

dang, beverman your work is some of the best i have ever seen, every thing is exactly as it should be, your pouches are absolutley top of the line. :bow: :bow:

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I think that you and Two-Belly might want to review the GUIDELINES for the CRAFTSMAN SECTION of this forum! Sorry!...It needed to be said!

meaning what? say it so we can all know what your talking about all i did was reply to a post, i dont understand your attitude towards me anyway . :cursing:

Let me jump in before this gets out of hand.

There is a rule about posting items and saying that it's "made for a client" - making it clear that it's a business. I would rather that you guys simply said, "Here's another bag", rather than, "Here's another bag I made for someone". Do you see the difference?

Doing that is actually called "Passive Marketing".

The Craftsman section is supposed to be for sharing methods and techniques - not for showcasing products.

This post will explain the subtle differences.
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/196610[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not referring to your reply. I'm referring to the following of the CRAFTMAN GUIDELINES practiced by most. It seems that this section is turning into a "LOOK WHAT I DID" section more than an educational section to help people make or help guide some with detailed instruction! No attitude problem here!

in all fairness, who is BJ...the only member I find by that handle has not posted here since 3/03.
I define craftsman as "see what I made" and then the door is oden to compliments and/or questions as to how you did it and technique so we can excell ourselves.
I didnt see any reference that the bag in this thread was for sale.
I do however, want to know how beaverman got that nice rolled edge effect on the face edge!
Nice job just the same.
Claude has made it fairly clear that if on has something for sale, or is trying to market said item, it goes in the classified forum, which we all so dearly asked to have!

my .02 worth!

Beaverman: Lovely, lovely work. May I ask where you got the leather? I will have a kudu skin to work with early next year when my box of horns arrives from Namibia, but that buffalo leather has wonderful character.

Brett Sr, the rolled edge your looking at is actually the side gusset on the bag, the leather is so darn thick and with the front panel having 2 layers( an actual full panel and a 3/4 front pocket,and a 1&3/4" side gusset, when the bag is turned, thats what you get

Bill, I picked up 3 sides last year at the BP show in Monroe from a trader down your way, as I recall they were $225.00 a side, Ill see id I can dig up his card and get you the info.

brett sr said:
I didnt see any reference that the bag in this thread was for sale.

That's correct, it was "made for someone else".

This is not aimed at anyone in this thread, but just to clarify the intent of the rules...

The "no selling in the forums" rule exists to keep the site from filing up with solicitations. This is a standard rule for most online bulletin boards.

There are some unscrupulous folks who join forums only to sell their products and try to circumvent the rules by posting info about their products, but not really offering it "for sale". They use what we call "passive marketing". That is, they take every opportunity to show their products and make it known that they produce products "for others".

Yes, this can be a grey area, but I know marketing when I see it and if I deem that most of a members posts are to showcase their products, they'll hear from me.

I'm currently re-writing the rules so there will be no misunderstanding by vendors what is acceptable to post.

What has worked well on this Forum, is for craftspeople to participate in the discussions and it will become obvious, over time, who makes what. If I need a good rifle, hawk or knife, I know which members to contact.

with all respect i have posted some of my things ,that i made ,-in the photo section ,only to find them moved to the craftsman section ,so how can tell where to post the things i make ,i very seldom sell anything ,i just like to make these little thing to occupy my time and to share them with the guys on the forum so now im really confused as to where to post i have help a lot of people that wanted to know how somethig was done on my projects im just asking to avoid this thing again .-tb :confused:

two-bellys said:
with all respect i have posted some of my things ,that i made ,-in the photo section ,only to find them moved to the craftsman section ,so how can tell where to post the things i make ,i very seldom sell anything ,i just like to make these little thing to occupy my time and to share them with the guys on the forum so now im really confused as to where to post i have help a lot of people that wanted to know how somethig was done on my projects im just asking to avoid this thing again .-tb :confused:

I understand the frustration. Because the categories can overlap, posts can sometimes go in more than one place, so it's a judgement call by the Moderators as to where to put/leave it.

Generally, if it's something we made, it should go in "Craftsman". If it's just something that we own, it would go in "Photos".

So, if I post a photo of two horns - one I made and one I bought - where does it go? As a Moderator, I would consider the main focus of the post. Is it about making horns or just sharing them?

This is an age-old problem for forums. Too few categories and nobody can find anything, because it's all jumbled together - too many categories and we don't know where to post or look for something.

It helps to know that the goal of the Forum and the Moderators is to help people share information in a user-friendly manner. This can be an evolving process. We change things as need be, to meet the growing needs of the members. That means that categories and rules can change over time, to meet our needs.

Please remember that we're all human and we're making this up as we go. :)

Back