• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hy from Old Continent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno Giordan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hy, I live in lombardy and I'm interested in medieval gonnes and renaissance early firearms.

I'm creating a circa 1450 infantryman persona enlisted in the venetian army, i was thinking of building a gonne or an early arquebuse (I guess serpentine) for my company.

I'm working to become a bladesmith and also, possibly, a builder of early barrels, as it was done here at the times of the venetian republic.

I have still to practice forge welding though.

The best hope would be to build a replica early cannon as we have in one of our museums, but that is pretty away in time.

For the moment a little gonne could be well within my possibilities.

winniler,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have
you with us.Hope you will visit often
and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome,

Your profile is interesting. Hope you keep us posted on the progress of everything you do. :v

Howdy Winniler and a big Texas howdo to you as well! :hatsoff: Keep us posted on your progress .. we have some here who really get into the earlier fIrearms! :hmm: :grin:

Davy

A big welcome to the forum from Old Germany,winniler.
AC or Inter fan?

Here is something for you.
Forging a Handgonne.How it was done in the MiddleAges.Ulrich Bretscher's Black Powder Page.
Link
:hatsoff:

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome.

I still have to decide wether to cast it in bronze, since I have recently have had a good experience making a nice cross and pommel for a dagger and having it cast at a superior quality firm (they work for major international sculptors) or to make it in steel.

I hope to learn something from more experienced gunners since gunpowder seems to be a tricky beast to tame.

Apropos, aehm, soccer is out of my range of interests.

I barely can tell a volley ball from a soccer one, for the rest I'm normal.

Back