• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oregon Newbe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbfree

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all just getting back into BP hunting/shooting and found this forum. Ive got a lot to learn. I have a 58 cal hawkin rifle. that I bought from cabelas back in 1983. Ive only hunted with it a few times in Michigan and once in Washington state while in the Navy. I have however harvested one elk and one whitetail with my gun. I am however finding it hard to find anything for my rifle anymore. it seams they quite makeing 58cals for some reason. well im here and ready to learn.

Welcome ! Glad to have you.

I built a .58 cal once and was able to buy round balls one time then they seemed to go out of style. I think big box stores pushed uncommon things off the shelves in favor of more common like .45 and .50... I got a mold and started casting my own. It is quite easy to make quality round balls or Minis. :grin:

Welcome to the Forum. Looked at your profile. Did you used to work at LSI at one point??

A big welcome to the forum from the Old World,stump.58.
You find the place of wisdom and knowledge. :hmm:
Maybe, maybe not. :haha:

:hatsoff:

stump,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with
us. As to your .58, check with DGW or TOW.Check the member resourse forum They are
available.
Hope you visit often and contribute when
you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

BillinOregon said:
Stump: Glad to have another Oregonian aboard. If you are up at Intel in Washington County, try the Powder Horn in Hillsboro for .570 round balls. I think the shop is still there.

actually, they are in forest grove, Hans' phone is still.....503-357-4570 what a number for a gunshop!

welcome aboard. our group shoots the 3rd sat. every month regardless. PT me for info, a good handful of shooters come from your area!

Brett

Howdy & welcome aboard amigo! :grin:

I once bought .58 cal balls at Cabela's Outdoor World here in Texas ... you mite check with them in your locale. :thumbsup:

Davy

If you can get out to McMinnville today Sun. there are probably some of the balls you need there at the BP trade show they have a good selection of vendors this year.

saw some .58's and some molds out there yesterday.nice show, good asst of vendors.

I think it was L&R, on the east wall that had the.58 stuff.

Thanks Guys for the warm welcome Its a great forum and My friend Also has now joined I kept showing him all the cool posts On Here LOL So Say Howdy to Mydnyte Son. He's My hunting buddy!!
Cheers Rich

Back