• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cast round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdbailey

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Roundballers

I am looking for a good supplier of round balls. No time to cast my own. Someone with a wide array of sizes would help me with some of my loads. When I search on line I always end up with swaged balls high prices and little in the way of size selection.

Thanks to all and thanks to this forum.

Doug Bailey

I usually buy from Rushcreek Roundball in north-central Ohio or Flintlocks Inc. in southern Indiana.

Le Grand,
That link seems to be dead. Which is probably good because I need to get to bed so I can get to work on time. :hmm:

In other places here it is said that cheap is when you should run.

A round ball needs to be constant and true to size shape and weight. Hornady, speer, TC and some others make good stuff, Remington does not. I am given Rem balls somtimes and if you mike them thy are round only in name into the pot they go gold paint and all.

If you buy a cheap batch and find yourself getting flyers every once in a while that will be the cause. In this case round is many times more important than small differences in weight.

Keep your eyes open at the local Wal Mart at the end of the start of the season or there abouts they start to get edgy and sacrafice price much merchandise. Bought 500 rounds of Hornady at less than half price. Buy enough of this stuff and you only need to go ball shoping once a year.

About dfferent sizes in a single caliber IMHO forget that. Find a Ball that fits your gun and stick with it and change the patch thickness or material or lube until you find what your gun likes.

I shot mostly a .535 ball in my main-squeze and never looked back since I found a patch combo that works. Ie ther is no difference in the flight characteristics between a 535 an a 530 ball the question of which is best is a non starter. This would be true of all calibers IMHO

Hey smoke eater Eddie May Round Balls 706-581-8225 great product great guy. Go to recent topics click on .62 Green Mountain Barrel Owners

Thank ya'll for your help. The cheapshot store link worked for me. Shipping discounts are given on multiple items. Let's face it, shipping lead ain't cheap no matter where you get it.
Thanks again
Doug

Back