• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any good BP stores in Atlanta?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Isrow

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hoping somebody can help me out. My wife's sister (and family) lives just north of Atlanta in Woodstock. We visit 3 or 4 times a year and I get to escape for an afternoon, usually. Are there any good blackpowder/muzzleloader/ accoutrement shops within an hour or so drive? Please save me from another long weekend of mall shopping!!!

I don't live too far from there and have never heard of any decent blackpowder store. There's a Bass Pro on Sugarloaf Pkway, but nothing there except plastic inlne thingys.

If Florida recipicates with Ga on permits, I'd be more than willing to show you around the woods or trout streams.

Check out

Deercreek Gun Shop
280 S Fairground rd
Marietta Ga

I buy my powder from them. and he has lots of STUFF !!

I'll have to check that one out! There used to be a good shop in Stone Mountain (Stone Mountain Armory?), but they closed a number of years ago. It was really before I got into black powder, but as I recall, they built custom MLs & carried a pretty complete inventory for the traditional ML enthusiast.

I went to David's Gun Room & Bass Pro on Thursday. Needed some BP solvent, patches, brushes, and a Hot Shot nipple for my Hawken. I couldn't believe the lack of traditional gear! David's had almost nothing for the traditional crowd....sad, considering he almost always had ML gear no one else carried. I found patches, but no decent BP solvent nor .50 brushes. No 1/4-28 nipples at all.

I finally found 2 Hot Shot nipples buried on the shelves at Bass Pro Shop....the last 2 were being closed out for $2.99. Needless to say, I bought both of them!

I'll have to check Deer Creek out. Thanks. It seems sad that an area with so much history would have so few black powder shops. I wonder if there's a niche to be filled there? hmmm.

We have a small bp shop up here in Dahlonega owned by Tim Ragland... Gold City Gun and Cartridge... 706-864-1205 he has a few odds and ends not a huge selection.

The Stone Mtn. store was owned by the late Robert Watts.

I haven't been to Deer Creek in years, Dad bought this piece of maple there though

S6300050.jpg

Thanks for adding to the list, Roy. :thumbsup:

I looked up Gold City on Google & found they have a website:
[url] http://www.bearclawstradingpost.com[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a beautiful piece of wood!!! Thanks for the suggestions so far. Can't wait to check them out!

Back