• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple "really" frozen!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greetings brett sr,

on[url] gunbroker.com[/url] there is a tc 45/50 cal hawken breach block wrench up for auction. think the bid is around 15.50???

these were made by tc to remove the plug from the older tc's. they came in 3 sizes. i have all 3. makes bbl cleaning a snap. :thumbsup:

..ttfn..grampa..

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: :grin: :grin: It shoots! :thumbsup:
Got to the range and after it got looked over real good a touched by all the guys, a tougher nipple wrench was produced. I was able to move it about 1/8th of a turn before it locked up so I thought I would work on it for a while and see what I could do. After about 45 minutes of back and forth with a little oil, it twisted all the way out. Got some pipe cleaners and worked on the burn channel. Real nasty! Cleared the nipple and loaded er up. :grin: Got about 10 rounds downrange. The bore gets better with every shot.
I'll work on the rust in the barrel with a little "shock treatment".
All and all a "very" good day at the range!
Thanks for all your input. Mike.

mike,, hoo-ray, hoo-ray :thumbsup: my :hatsoff: to you.. knew you good do it. well maybe :grin:

..ttfn..grampa..

I figured I had nothing to loose by working the nipple so I went after it. Once it moved a little I just kept working it back and forth and kept adding oil to the threads. Heat if needed but it didn't come to that. Sure made my day! :grin:
Now I'am thinking dunk tray for the barrel. :wink:

Back