• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New possibles bag from SWAMP RAT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my new possibles bag in today, Swamp Rat made it for me a little over a week ago. This guy did an amazing job on it. The pillow ticking liner is awesome and the 2 pockets were perfect for my tools. I finally have a bag that i can fit all my stuff into and have plenty of room to spare. The straps for the powder horn, i did a little differntly, i split them in half and just tied them on rather than wrapping it around and sewing. I dont hunt with a powder horn so this will allow me to take it off when i need to. Now i just need to buy a buffalo horn and make my own. My horn sucks and is cracking at the tip so its about to be turning into something else later on. I also finished up the deer antler primer i made a few days ago and will leave it the way it is. But to get back on the bag, Swamp Rat did an amazing job and i appreciate all of his work and time he put into it. I never thought i would own a bag this beautiful. And the leather is so smooth! Im looking forward to putting it to good use this year!
Swamp Rat, Thank you again Sir! I honestly cant tell you how much this means to me.
100_3317.jpg

100_3316.jpg

100_3318.jpg

100_3319.jpg

100_3320.jpg

Yes. The stock and trim is CVA but the rifle its self was made by Deer creek. I guess its called a deer creek mountain rifle but im not sure. Has a douglas barrel.

Very nice bag :bow: , well done Swamp.
I see the big smile on the new owners face. :grin:
:hatsoff:

Kentuckywindage,
I agree with the rest,Swampy does outstanding
work and you have a beautiful bag.
I would like to ask, what is the reason or
history behind the tick lining. To me it would seem to be something that would get and hold
moisture. Where well maintained plane leather
would not:hmm:.
snake-eyes

snake-eyes said:
history behind the tick lining. To me it would seem to be something that would get and hold
moisture.

I can´t tell you more about that, I think the problem isn´t that big.

AND:
It looks really great with the tick lining inside. An eye-catcher. :thumbsup:

Good job, Swampy :applause:

Im not worried about moisture. Where i hunt, its pretty dry during september. If i still have a place to hunt, so many fires popping up this year. I like the pillow ticking, its different and eye pleasing.

moisture. Where well maintained plane leather
would not.
snake-eyes

:hmm: I don't know Snake eyes about that, actually never thought of it. The book I have shows some original bags that were lined, I tried my hand at a lined bag and it seemed easy enough so I offer to make them. A couple of people have asked for lined bags now and I made myself one so I guess I'll see if theres any kind of problem with them.

Well, broke in the possibes bag today! loaded it up with my .45 stuff and went out shooting. The bag held great against my hip and didnt slide around on my shoulder like my other one did. The horn was really nice because it was right there by my hand and everything else i needed. Only crappy part of the day was when i loaded #2 shot, the patch got caught on the nub on my ramrod and when i pulled up, my ramrod broke :barf: :barf: So now i will just have to buy a new one. Hope to put all my flintlock items back into the bag and try out the new .54 this friday!
With pyrodex RS and 4f pan powder. :shake: This should be interesting.

Very nice looking bag and appears to be a perfect size to it also - not too big and not too small. I was just wondering if you could post what the dimensions of the bag were?

Swamp Rat, you did excellent work on it!

Back