• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

knives i made while on vacation this week

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
heres a few knives ive got about half way done. still need to stain the handles and refinish the blades on them. the bottom one has scales made from leg bones off a red stag. all but the large butcher are forgecraft, an old maker of kitchen cutlery. all but the largest have a single 1/8 inch pin its got 2 due to its size.
knives.jpg

Outstanding! Jason. :thumbsup: All of them look great and 9 in a week, impressive.

Joe

i bought a 4 inch angle grinder and some flapper style sanding wheels which have helped out tremendously. up till now ive only had a dremel tool and some files to work with. plus the tang holes are already there for me and that helps some too. thanks for the comments guys

Wow those all look nice i realy like nice job on them all , do you have plans for knife cases for them? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jason,
My,you have been buzy. All very nice!:applause:
snake-eyes:thumbsup:

They all look pretty good, but the Old Hickorys would look better if you ground the ribs out of the blades.

thanks for the nice words guys. i do plan on removing the ribs on the blades, these are all older and have plenty of material to allow for it, some im gonna blue, and the rest will be treated with mustard or naval jelly. as far as sheaths, for the butchers im going to try to make some rounded tip ones with inlays on the front, and the scalper/riflemans style those will have simple ones with a cuff folded down at the top. all will be slip in styled or have thongs for tying down. im hoping to have this many more done by next week. my new tool purchase has helped a lot, plus ifound a good way to split my antlers for the tang. Wick i took your advice once again and have found me a deer rawhide, nearly see thru to make my handle wraps from, thanks a lot.
thanks again jason

SWEET! I like both of the butchers, and the one at the bottom too. Seems like too many for just one fella!

thanks for the comments guys
see yall around, thanks for the friendship, jason

Back