• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Matchlock Rifle build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Well don`t know how it will turn out but here`s a start. Making the stock out of birch hope it works ok. :)
Barrel is a 54 caliber donated by Swamp Rat. :hatsoff: Thanks too everyone and two-bellys for getting this project started. :thumbsup:

roughedoutstock-barrel.jpg

Swamp Rat said:
Nice! Looks like a good start. Clean the bore up ok? :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, yep the bore seems smooth as glass. :thumbsup:
The wood will be the hardest part for me, i`d rather make it all steel. :haha:

You can do it Pitchy,just whittle away everthin that dont look like a gun :thumbsup:

Nice start there Pitchy :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing it finished. :thumbsup:

Roy said:
Nice start there Pitchy :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing it finished. :thumbsup:

Thanks Roy i figured i`d better start a little fat, easier to take wood off than too put back on.

hey picthey i like the stock that is going to be another cool piece what happened to this post i thoufgr it was in the pre-flint section anyway cant wait to see this one it already look better than :thumbsup: some i seen posted on the pre flint forum

two-bellys said:
hey picthey i like the stock that is going to be another cool piece what happened to this post i thoufgr it was in the pre-flint section anyway cant wait to see this one it already look better than :thumbsup: some i seen posted on the pre flint forum

Thank Tom :hatsoff: guess they figure putting it here was the right place. :)

Git yourself one of them hot glue guns for welding wood. I know what you mean about working with wood instead of metal. With metal you can always weld more on. I do find that cutting barrel channels in wood is easy with the milling machine.

John Taylor said:
Git yourself one of them hot glue guns for welding wood. I know what you mean about working with wood instead of metal. With metal you can always weld more on. I do find that cutting barrel channels in wood is easy with the milling machine.

Yepper, i did buy a new set of router bits yesterday so that should help. :haha:
Oh heck what could go wrong. :hmm: :haha:

mckutzy said:
"Knock on wood" :haha: :haha: :haha:

Yepper :haha: if i get through the barrel inletting things should be ok, i can sand to beat heck with a side grinder. :rotf:

About the location of this post.
IMO, "This Is The Place".
The Pre-Flint, Flintlock, Percussion and Pistol Forums are for talking about shooting the guns.
This is the forum for talking about building/modifying all of them so you came to the right place. :)

zonie :)

Back