• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Opinion on Euroarms New Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soinkuhndog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I found a Euroarms .44 New Army (also has "Brescia" marking) at a local pawn shop. Asking $199. Will take $130 or $140. It has been fired, but appears in excellent condition. Anyone have an opinion on quality or fair price?

Kuhndog (and I'm sure Jas. Cox is interested)

Doing some reading, I found that the current production Euroarms NA is considered by some to be a better product than Pietta because of the way that it handles, shoots, manufacturing specifications and tolerances.
However, that hasn't always been the case as the oldest Euroarms models reportedly had internal lockwork made from soft steel which meant some extensive part replacements were neccessary. Hopefully because of the Brescia marking this model is not that old and not one of inferior quality.
As far as the price, the new ones were recently reported to cost around $207 from one seller, $190 from others, and lists for $225. The discounted price seems to be a fairly good deal.

This outfit did list them new for $207 and sells parts:
[url] http://www.ssfirearms.com/download catalog.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Many opinions have expressed that the new Euroarms revolvers can be every bit as good as the Urberti's or better, with the determining factor being decided on the basis of each individual gun. Overall, the Euroarms are being rated and reviewed as being of excellent consistent quality, and having close barrel to cylinder diameter tolerances of .001, smoother machined edges vs. Uberti, and generally a very comparable fit and finish. The Uberti C&B replacement and R&D & Kirst conversion cylinders will drop-in fit as well.

IMO if you have been allowed to handle the gun, feel the cylinder for smoothness, lock-up, etc. and it's O-K, then by all means you might indeed have found a diamond in the rough. Just examine the nipples for extensive dry-firing as you did find this in a pawn shop! Mashed nipples can make a great buy so-so, especially if they are stripped :winking: Good luck and let us know how it shoots, Dave

Back