• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally! Purchased a T/C Renegade .50!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugalug

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I stumbled on a T/C two-trigger Renegade .50 cal at a pawn shop in a nearby town a few weeks ago. They were a tad too proud of it for my pocketbook... so I ran a few patches down the barrel to give me some tiny indication of interior condition, made the pawn broker an offer of $300.00. He grumbled a bit but allowed as how he'd not had anyone take a serious look at it in the two years it'd been in his shop, so he took my offer. I had to put $50.00 on it, for not having anything on me but gas money for my pickup, so I went back over this past week and rescued it :)
I've been disassembling, inspecting and cleaning thoroughly for the last couple of hours. Learning all the details as it were.
I have a question about an inkstamp inside the forestock where the breech end of the barrel butts into the tang end of the aft stock. Right in the base of the routed out channel are the letters "RENDTCP" in all cap, block letters. Anyone have an idea what this stands for? Possibly an aftermarket shop that built the stock if the rifle is a kit?
Just my curiosity at work.
Otherwise, the barrel looks fantastic. No exterior scratches, the inside of the barrel under a bright light shows no signs of rust or corrosion pitting. The aft stock shows some light scuffing and a few scratches that appear to have been caused by the buckles of a sling at some point. There is a sling attach point screwed into the bottom of the stock (although not well centered) and the aft ramrod thimble has an attach point as well, though no sling was with the rifle at my purchase. Still, I'm happy with my entry into the arena and hope to have many opportunities to practice and compete.
Any ideas on the inkstamp??

congrats on your new purchase. i think you'll be quite happy with it. although i really don't know what the inkstamps mean, i suspect that the folks at T/C might be able to shed some light on the question.

make smoke
be happy

TC does have it's stock work contracted out to a firm...and different stock configurations have different inletting operations, so to keep them from getting their hands crossed when packing and shipping, I'd bet the stamp means:

REN = Renegade
DT = Dual Trigger
CP = Caplock

Now that you got that out of the way (roundball has every T/C answer) save up for 58 GM barrel and you'll really be haveing some fun! :grin: FRED :hatsoff:

Chugalug said:
I'm happy with my entry into the arena and hope to have many opportunities to practice and compete.

Sounds like you got yerself a good rifle. Congrats!
Wait until you get a good whiff of blackpowder smoke from that Renegade. Then yer a gonner. Hooked. :youcrazy:

Hey, if you're ready for that opportunity to compete, armymedic.2 is lookin' for an opponent for the Duel over on the member shooting contest forum. You have until the 15th to shoot one roundball. There's yer chance. Send him a PT + get in on the fun! :thumbsup:
Even if ya lose, there's a second round for everybody. It's free and it's fun and it gives you another reason to go out and shoot. Check it out!

There! You see?
Ole roundball answered your question quicker than the blink of an eye, but don't leave now.
We have LOTS of information and answers you might be interested in looking at.

Interested in target shooting, hunting, plinking or just having fun?? Stick around and we will help answer anything you want to know about traditonal muzzleloading.
zonie :)

Thanks Roundball, That explanation sounds like it holds water at least as well as anything that my brain coughed up!
I will check into the online competition!

Lucky you, I'm trying to swing a deal on a Thompson Hawken now, my CVA Hawken shoots great but that Thompson is a step up.

Back