• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Should have I

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Was at a show today and a guy had a 45 Seneca there.Was in real good shape,said he only shot it 10 times,and wanted $300 for it.Down side was the barrel was browned by him.Bore was perfect and at the end said he would take $250.Don't know if I could send it back to TC to have it reblued but left it slide looking for a better one.Think I should have bought it?

Probly. I've seen 'em go for more.
I saw a nice .45 T/C Hawken for $300 at a gunshow last week. Wish I'd have done some dealin' there...
There will be others.

I can't find a Seneca around here. If it was nice I would have taken it and blued it, if the blue was really that important to me. It's funny how you can find different guns in different areas of the U.S. Here, it would have been sold.

"Beauty is as beauty does," Jimmy Dodd used to sing. (And if you remember him, we have a lot in common.) Sounds like ya might have let one slip, but you'll never know. Life is like that sometimes... :hmm:

At $250, I would have taken it home. If it was a nice job on the browning, I would leave it that way. Don't feel bad tho - it is likely better to "let one get away" than to later regret a bad deal after learning more about the market. Somedays I am just feeling too tight to take even a good deal. Keep looking!

there is a 36 cal on the bay now, split auction and the 2 sales(barrel/stock) are pushing $600 witha day remaining. Oh well!

woulda, coulda, shoulda!
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we all would have a merry christmas.

always best to hold out for what you want instead of doubting what you bought.

I got an old Traditions from a guy who built it from a kit to put on his wall, he browned the barrel and finished the stock with some kind of clear varnish...the rifle is hideous...I hate the brown barrel....I hate the finish....I took it out and shot it and I can hit the bullseye with that rifle so easily that it's kinda creepy...I win medals with it....as much as I hate the sight of it, I shoot it so well that I'm afraid to change it at all...I'm startin to really love that ugly old rifle

You sound kinda like me. That's what I'll do sometimes, worry about whether I should have or not. Well I say you made the right choice. If you did not feel 100% about it, you made the right choice. When you see the right gun for you, you'll snatch it up and never think twice about it. :)

Bavarian's right. It ain't the end of the world. Like the say, "So many guns, so little time!" The right one will turn up.

If you have never owned a T/C Seneca that $250 Seneca was a very good price and opportunity to find out about them firsthand. You could own it, use it awhile then sell it for what you paid or more.

Sounds like the brown barrel was a big turnoff for you...

Some guys buy and rarely sell, others buy,sell and upgrade over time... It all depends on your way of doing things.

I have the 36 Seneca and woudn't mind finding a 45 in one also.Don't need perfect but would like original.The feel of the Seneca just feels better than the Hawkin or Renegade.I guess I will just keep looking.

Back