• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rebarrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a gunmakers barrel at a discount from Rice and the finish on it is better than the Green Mountain barrels. I vote for the Rice.

Rice barrels come breeched with the plug, GM's need the threads bottomed, and the plug you buy fit to the barrel. I'd go with the Rice, it cost more but worth every penny.

Bill

I started with nothing and still have mostof it left!

I have a custom .40 with a Green Mountain and am now quite satisfied with the groups. When originally made the gun had a Getz barrel, for which I had to pay extra and wait a ridiculously long time for delivery. This barrel wouldn't print consistantly in an 8 inch circle at 50 yards, much less on the head of a squirrel. I enjoy time on the range and tried every concievable combination of powder, patch, ball, and lube. Needless to say, I would recomend the Green Mountain but only suggest you avoid a Getz. I have no experience with Rice.

wow, Getz barrels are usually excellent; did you contact them? you must have gotten a rare one, as usually all i hear is good about Getz barrels.

Latest posts

Back