• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yak Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
purple-hart-ph.jpg

Wife picked up the mail today. It has been awhile since the temperatures have been holding at -42 degrees below 0, in the morning.
This is one of three horns Brasilikilt has made for us. We have been very pleased with every one of them.

What makes this one extra special (for us) is that it is capped with Purple Heart wood and is made from a Yak horn.
It was in very sad shape before he applied his artistic talent.
Thank you Brasilikilt! This is one we will pass to one of the Grandkids, when the time comes.
Best Wishes

:hatsoff: Nice horn: Ian has turned out some great horns in the past and here is another example :hatsoff:
Soggy

i used to watch a cartoon ,called ren& stimpy and they were royal kilted yaksman but i dont remember the yak horns looking like that ,very good looking ,wonderfulu crafted- :bow: :bow:

Hey Augustus

I'm glad you like it so well that you posted a photo!

I don't know what took longer, scraping that one smooth or the scrimshaw on the small horn!
While purple heart is quite attractive (especially with the black horn) it is very hard!
Getting the strap staples to stay put was an experience I won't soon forget :)

I have a much better understanding why softer woods such as pine and poplar was used so much on the original horns!

I appreciate all the nice things everyone says about the horns I turn out......I have a few others in various stages of completion which I will post photos of when they get finished.........which may be a while

Thanks again for the business Augustus, it's been a pleasure!

Iain

Back