• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hunting Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldhunter,
I love that shooting bag.
Excellent job.
Never made one before.
Dont know if my skills are up to it.
I might try one day.

Thanks for the Pics and Great work everybody. Some questions is how would you change them to improve them? Would you add or take away something, try hides from Deer to Cow, buffalo to ELK etc? Thanks Joe..

I don't know. Everyone I make is better than the last (read that as learn from mistakes). The last one I did was out of Buffalo. It is some thin stuff I got from a local shop. Nice color/ grain and reasonably plyable. I've tried cloth and leather straps. I like leather better.

82nd, not beyond your skills at all. It was actually pretty easy. However, I don't think I'll do the little pinked (spelling) edge binding again. Looks nice but a PITA. :grin: I guess that's why it's fun though.

I'm needing a quiver and the red wool one on the wall at NWTF Longhunter is a beauty. Does it have a tube of some sort inside the wool?

Hey 82 airborne, what's the thingey that looks like a little cleaver with two holes in it in each picture?
Nice bunch of equipment by the way.

Regards
Loyd Shindelbower
Loveland Colorado

Hi Loyd,
Thanks for the compliment.
Its a Hawken shop flint knappers tool.
Got it at October Country.
knapper.jpg

hey 82 airborne where did you get your flint bag- i really like it and need one
fishindoc

Hi fishindoc,
I made the flint bag.
I bought the canadian bag from the log cabin shop.
When I opened it up, There was a large piece of scrap inside. So I made the small flint bag and made a larger flint tool bag.
Just used some artificial sinew and a leather punch.

i especially like the way you put the axe sheath on the back of the bag-the bag i got for my piatol, i was thinking of attaching a holster so i can have it sotwed while i use my rifle. Is your sheath on the back so it doesn't pull the bag forward if it was on the front?

Hi Armymedictwo,
Thanks for the compliment.
I bought the bag and the squaw hawk at the log cabin shop.
Found a large bag of scrap leather at the hobby lobby for $6.00.
Got some artificial sinew and went to it.

Back