• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

STRIPPED NEW BESS CARBINE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parzifal

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well After work this morning I was FINALLY able to strip my new "kit" 3rd model bess carbine

She has a 26' barell
side sling bar
all kinds of pretty.

I am very impressed with the quality of all the parts and inletting.

After its completed I am going to have my friend with a digital camera, come over and snap some shots of her and my 1 st modle bess "that was a kit aswell.

So polish up yur military muskets, mine are gonna make you green with envy.

Rob

Kit came from a special offer from loyalist arms.
Its a kit version of their heavy dragoon carbine,"brown bess india pattern variation w,internal base and lock for steel ram rod"

I am amazed by the quality of the steel parts "I was a machineist for 2 yrs"

The stock is teak or mahogany "cant tell" and though not a euro hardwood , its a nice piece of wood ,tough and has some really fantastic figure.

It came with the sling bar, but I may also add swivels and a strap, still thinking about that.

After working the stock down for 3 hours "and 10$$ worth of sand paper" The stock has really begun to take proper shape and preportion "as a 3rd model bess".

My friend who works in fine woods Came by for coffee and told me the wood the stock is made of is a hardwood called "shesham" albeit a fine piece of shesham..Unstained and stripped it kinda looks like walnut, but with longer thicker grain. With strange ghost like figures throughout.
Before I stain it I will get picts.

And get them posted next week" access to borrowed digital camera not withstanding"

Unfortunately I could not borrow the digital camera., So I have been taking picts of my progress from chunky in the white to present with my 35 mm manuel camera...It may take a bit longer but the picts are coming. Must finish the carbine first.

Latest posts

Back