• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pioneer pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemoke

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I`ve been looking at a Pioneer pistol by Traditions.I would like to build the kit from the Possible Shop.Can anyone tell my anything about this gun.

I've heard good and bad things about the Pioneer. On the negative side I've heard about heavy triggers to filings left in barrel from the factory. On the possitive side I've heard its quite a shooter. On gunbroker or auction arms I'm not sure which, a fella has one for sale and has posted a target photo with it demonstrating its fine accuracy. I guess it all boils down to the luck of the draw or your ability to turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

Don

My only experience with the Pioneer was with one that a friend bought. It had a heavy trigger from the factory but it stoned out sweet. It was a very good shooter though, even with the heavy trigger. I didn't get to shoot it much after lightening it, but I sure liked it. Enough that it's on my overly long "to buy" list.

Back